2015 1500 Express cant add part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I recently became an owner of a new to me 15’ Ram 1500, it came with a transponder key and that’s it. I called a dodge dealership close to me to ask if I could have a keyfob added which they said yes it would be around 300 dollars. So I asked if I could get remote start added and they said it’s not possible. It’s missing a part that can’t be added from the factory. He wouldn’t specify what’s missing just that they couldn’t. Anyone have any clue what’s stopping me from Remote start?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently became an owner of a new to me 15’ Ram 1500, it came with a transponder key and that’s it. I called a dodge dealership close to me to ask if I could have a keyfob added which they said yes it would be around 300 dollars. So I asked if I could get remote start added and they said it’s not possible. It’s missing a part that can’t be added from the factory. He wouldn’t specify what’s missing just that they couldn’t. Anyone have any clue what’s stopping me from Remote start?

It might be a bit more challenging to add an OEM remote start than an aftermarket solution but here's a thread to read on the topic.

The search icon in the upper right corner can assist you in finding lots of great info on this site.

You may find it cheaper and easier to go with an aftermarket alarm/remote start from Viper or a similar company.

I've used Viper for several previous vehicles including both cars and trucks.

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum.:cool:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your expectation is that you can buy a different key and "unlock" hardware features that were not installed at the factory, you're gonna have a bad time.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Viper or Compustar.

I went with the Compustar T12 system with the added on Drone and Immobilizer, too.

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
If your expectation is that you can buy a different key and "unlock" hardware features that were not installed at the factory, you're gonna have a bad time.
It’s not that I want to “unlock”hardware. I’d like to know what’s stopping me from having a working key fob. I know they all share the same wiring harness so if there’s something, like the RF hub, or the RKE system not installed. I can see if there’s a work around or if I’m up ***** creek without a paddle. But being told it’s missing a part and not saying what part just felt condescending.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Get w this guy on Facebook for remote start

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have an aftermarket remote start added. The 2012 Ram I traded on my current 2019 had it added by a previous owner. Was nice in winter when I was still making the commute to the office at 6am.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
GabberGus ..

I think this is what you are trying to do ................

also there is a company that makes a wiring kit, that you add to your Rams wiring & it gives a Tradesman or Express Ram owner Remote Start.

It does not mention Remote Door Control though

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Here is your Remote Start kit for your Ram, from 12 Volt Solutions

or

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know they all share the same wiring harness so if there’s something, like the RF hub, or the RKE system not installed.
Let's give Benny a shout @AllMoparParts.com Or drop a post down in the All Mopar Parts vendor section to help finding the OEM remote start kit that you should be able to add. You'll need AlfaOBD to enable it (or a trip to the dealership).