2015 Dodge Ram SLT 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First time truck owner, and first time dodge owner here. Purchased my truck last friday, and I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out after buying the truck that the exhaust and intake are aftermarket, and I am fairly certain the truck might be chipped. Is there any way to find out for sure? I feel like it's more powerful than the other trucks people own that I work with.

tmark83

Reaction score
First time truck owner, and first time dodge owner here. Purchased my truck last friday, and I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out after buying the truck that the exhaust and intake are aftermarket, and I am fairly certain the truck might be chipped. Is there any way to find out for sure? I feel like it's more powerful than the other trucks people own that I work with.
I would assume if it was "chipped" or tune you would have got the programmer with it they are usually married to the vehicle the last tune is written on. Also being a 2015 the computer had to be "unlocked" to program should have a brand or sticker somewhere on the thing. But I only know what I have researched with mine. I have a 2015 1500 Express 5.7.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would assume if it was "chipped" or tune you would have got the programmer with it they are usually married to the vehicle the last tune is written on. Also being a 2015 the computer had to be "unlocked" to program should have a brand or sticker somewhere on the thing. But I only know what I have researched with mine. I have a 2015 1500 Express 5.7.

I'll have to take a look around.. I do know I haven't breached 13mpg yet... the dealer I bought it from mislisted the truck trim so I don't put much faith into them knowing or including anything else.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would bring it to the dealer. If it is tuned, might be an issue for warranty issues.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't take it back to the dealership, if you couldn't be happier.

If you are "couldn't be happier", there's only one direction to go, and that's toward unhappy.

I got a new HemiFever tune last week, and I too, couldn't be happier, and I'm sure as hell not going to take a nearly perfect truck to a dealership, to see if they can screw it up!

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2014 averages 18-19 mpg so 13 seems kinda low for sure. If it is chipped, unless you really need the performance I would prefer the better gas mileage.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See mpg69e7b7ee348248b0529f66d29a0a4d0a.jpg