2015 hemi 8 speed transmission...service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I had talked to our new tranny tech about servicing the 8 speeds & neither of us could find any info on it. He verified with me that there is nothing listed in maintenance schedules for this. He just got back from 8 & 9 speed training. As he was told, the only time the 8 speed needs to be serviced is when the pan is removed for Trans repair. IIRC, the pan is not reusable hence this standpoint. The 9 speed is even worse. The Trans case must be split apart to get to the filter, which obviously requires tranny removal.

Mishalnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contacted zf they said with sporty / towing driving i should change the trans oil every 80k KM

Steven L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was a guy on YouTube changing a 2014 Ram Hemi 8 spd tranny and listed a pan from Amazon that was metal and had a removable filter as well. I checked but it doesn't appear to fit my 2015 Ram. Any info on that because I couldn't find anything in a search.