2015 Radio Software update to 18.45. ..? for NAV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilliwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I want to add Nav to my 2015 1500 Laramie (bought it new w/o). On sale in Oct.
CSR stated I would need to update the radio software to the most current for my truck(18.45.01 or greater)?
Had issues with this radio locking up on a previous update by UConnect in 2017-18? Had to visit the dealer.
Anyone else do a USB update? Everything work? or recommend just using my paper maps? LOL

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
CSR stated I would need to update the radio software to the most current for my truck(18.45.01 or greater)?
Had issues with this radio locking up on a previous update by UConnect in 2017-18? Had to visit the dealer.
Anyone else do a USB update? Everything work? or recommend just using my paper maps? LOL
Personally, I'd either purchase a radio that already has NAV (RA4) with updated maps and sell your old one (RA3). Better yet, id upgrade to a 2018+ UAS/UAQ and use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

The first option would be much cheaper.

Mike Ed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 1500 with 18.11.07 radio software and am also trying to get the 18.45.01 update. I went to the RAM dealer, and he says that my current software is the latest. Uconnect was no help. They now tell me 99.99.999 is the latest update -but the dealer, after researching, still says the 18.11.07 is the most current. Very frustrating. Tried Chrysler customer service and they were no help

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2016 1500 with 18.11.07 radio software and am also trying to get the 18.45.01 update.
Check this thread:
As mentioned above, don't waste good money on updating the factory navigation.

Zguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is ridiculous. I purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Limited a few months ago. Much like everyone else, I'm on the 18.11.07 software and have been told that this is the latest version. Since I need the GPS system and the rest of the the features such as places by name, working on a database from 2015 is unsatisfactory. In some areas, the GPS isn't localizing correctly. And, as you are probably aware, you have to have 18.45.01 before you perform the Navigation update.
Both dealerships have said that if the software update is attempted, there is a great (75%) chance of destroying the radio which will result of a $1,750 plus tax bill to replace the radio. But, interestingly, the new radio will have the most current operating software and navigation information from the second quarter of 2023.
My wife and I have had multiple Grand Cherokees and Wranglers dating back to 2011 and most currently 2017 G.C.s. In 2019 I did the updates for the software with no problem on both.
I have an open case with Ram Cares, and it's been a month with no resolution to date.
Can anyone tell me the actual reason why these radios cannot be updated and were made to be obsolete as soon as they were produced? Ram cares, Uconnect and the Navigation people cannot give me an answer.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is ridiculous. I purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Limited a few months ago. Much like everyone else, I'm on the 18.11.07 software and have been told that this is the latest version. Since I need the GPS system and the rest of the the features such as places by name, working on a database from 2015 is unsatisfactory. In some areas, the GPS isn't localizing correctly. And, as you are probably aware, you have to have 18.45.01 before you perform the Navigation update.
Both dealerships have said that if the software update is attempted, there is a great (75%) chance of destroying the radio which will result of a $1,750 plus tax bill to replace the radio. But, interestingly, the new radio will have the most current operating software and navigation information from the second quarter of 2023.
My wife and I have had multiple Grand Cherokees and Wranglers dating back to 2011 and most currently 2017 G.C.s. In 2019 I did the updates for the software with no problem on both.
I have an open case with Ram Cares, and it's been a month with no resolution to date.
Can anyone tell me the actual reason why these radios cannot be updated and were made to be obsolete as soon as they were produced? Ram cares, Uconnect and the Navigation people cannot give me an answer.
I don't know the answer to your particular question but if I were you I'd consider upgrading to a 2018+ UAQ/UAS radio and using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay instead of factory NAV. Then sell your old radio to recoup some of the cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500