2016 2500 6.4 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
What track bar should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend Thuren Fabrication for sure. I did a bunch of research before buying mine and am very happy with the product. Made the front end feel a lot better again and more responsive since my stock one was completely worn out.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll look into it. Thanks!

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm thinking of getting Power Wagon coils. Just have to find some

Get the PW setup all around...get lucky like me and find someone who went to a Thuren setup right after they bought their truck so it has low miles on it. I bought a PW setup with only 3k miles on it (springs and shocks all around, and new track bar) for $600 shipped.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the PW setup all around...get lucky like me and find someone who went to a Thuren setup right after they bought their truck so it has low miles on it. I bought a PW setup with only 3k miles on it (springs and shocks all around, and new track bar) for $600 shipped.

My local dealer quoted me $80.82ea for front PW springs. I'd leave the rear for payload and will get 5100s and a thuren track bar

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$160 for the front coils
$360 for 4 Bilstein 5100s
$390 for a track bar. Not too bad. With a baby coming I'll probably do the Bils, track bar, then coils!

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You can buy a new powerwagon track bar for around $150

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also am really enjoying my rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks, you can sort of tune your ride to your liking

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

What RAM said. You don't have to have a huge lift for 37s and you can do it with OE parts. The PW suspension is a very good value for quality parts. The Thuren lift on my truck retails for almost $4k and I'm running the same wheel and tire combination as I did with the stock suspension.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First time poster here, but from what im reading, it looks like this thread is proposing using just thuren springs to level the front, then adding shocks and track bar? those springs will create enough clearance for 37x12.5?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
You can buy a new powerwagon track bar for around $150

That's not comparable to a Thuren bar by any means though. The PW track bar is a quick fix but the Thuren is still a better setup in the long run.

First time poster here, but from what im reading, it looks like this thread is proposing using just thuren springs to level the front, then adding shocks and track bar? those springs will create enough clearance for 37x12.5?

On the right wheels, yes. Wheel specs are everything when it comes to this kind of setup.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The factory trackbar on the 2014+ Ram 2500's is a lot better than in years past. The Power Wagon comes with an extended trackbar (39.125'). I have a Thuren bar and it is certainly worth the money but the OE PW trackbar is pretty good if you're on a budget. You just don't hear the trackbar complaints with the new trucks that you used to so if you're on a budget don't be afraid of an OE PW trackbar.

Last edited:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well my original plan was a 4" BDS 4-link with Fox shocks. That was pre-daddy to be news. So, I still want to upgrade my spacer and shock extensions. Since the Mrs. is pregnant, and I have to start putting a baby seat in the back, and only plan to run 35s I just want to upgrade my level. For $200 more I'll get the Thuren one in case I do end up going bigger lol

danh63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So the PW springs will level up the front? So new shocks for the front a new track bar. I have been looking for springs for the front. Don't want to go the spacer route if I don't have to.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
im curious how a power wagon actually rides? I haven't been able to drive one. I haven't driven a thuren truck either, gas or diesel, im curious how it would compare.