2016 Ram Laramie Longhorn Edition 5.7L V8 - New Power Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gghost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heimi 5.7
The motor in my side mirrors stopped working so I had to manually open and close them. I got new mirrors and installed them last Sunday (3/3/24) and today my truck won't start. Is it possible that the new power mirrors can drain the battery? I took my truck in 2 weeks ago for an oil change and they inspected the vehicle and said my battery is measuring within manufacturer's specification for required CCA. Your battery has sufficient power and should reliably start the vehicle. This was a week before I installed the new power mirrors so has anyone else had this problem when they installed new power mirrors where they drain the battery? I got my battery on 9/2/19 so it is a little over 4 years old.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The motor in my side mirrors stopped working so I had to manually open and close them. I got new mirrors and installed them last Sunday (3/3/24) and today my truck won't start. Is it possible that the new power mirrors can drain the battery? I took my truck in 2 weeks ago for an oil change and they inspected the vehicle and said my battery is measuring within manufacturer's specification for required CCA. Your battery has sufficient power and should reliably start the vehicle. This was a week before I installed the new power mirrors so has anyone else had this problem when they installed new power mirrors where they drain the battery? I got my battery on 9/2/19 so it is a little over 4 years old.
If you want to eliminate the mirrors, disconnect them from the power and re-charge the battery with a trickle-charge. If it doesn't happen again over some time, reconnect the mirrors as see what happens to the battery.