2017 2500 ST to Laramie wiring swap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrcod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey everyone,

I was able to buy a complete Laramie interior for my ST truck. I hooked everything up and the truck ran but the seats wouldn’t work at all as the wiring wasn’t the same. I then swapped out the complete wiring harness to the Laramie one. Now the seats work but there is no ignition power. Also no remote locks from the key fob, etc. The dash gauge lights come on, and it displays the odometer but little else. The faults not in the new dash or console as they worked before I swapped the harness. I researched the forums and covered off the obvious stuff. Rechecked all the connections and grounds, everything looks fine. There are connections that have no partner on my ST wiring but they’re possibly for the Air Suspension I don’t have. Connections are: small plugs below the lowest main ground by the drivers door post, extra connections under the drivers seat that don’t connect to the seat or console, third connection under the frame below the drivers seat, secondary connection in the passenger door, and a harness that extends beyond the fuse box I assume is for fog lights. There’s no power to the computer so I can’t pull any codes or diagnostics. Any advice would be appreciated as I’m at a loss and the dealership is the only other step I can see. Thx.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I doubt if the dealership will even look at it, that is not an approved modification
There are wiring schematics on this site below
Just pick your year