2017 ECO mode on Canadian Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomtec77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Canadian Outdoorsman with 5.7 hemi and uconnect3 display. I really love this truck, 70,000 miles and no issues. I'm starting to get concerned about MDS but I have never, repeat never, seen a ECO light come on in the dash. Nor does my uconnect3 display have an option for turning the ECO light on/off. Am I missing something?

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I have a 2017 Canadian Outdoorsman with 5.7 hemi and uconnect3 display. I really love this truck, 70,000 miles and no issues. I'm starting to get concerned about MDS but I have never, repeat never, seen a ECO light come on in the dash. Nor does my uconnect3 display have an option for turning the ECO light on/off. Am I missing something?
I believe there is the option to turn off/on the eco light in the radio settings, try the search or hopefully someone who knows will respond.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why are you getting concerned with MDS? Do you want it to work or not work?
The light doesn't mean anything other than that you are driving in a fuel efficient manner.
You should be able to hear MDS go on and off with an ultra light accelleration after a coasting - like on the level just after coming down a hill.