2017 RAM 1500 KEYLESS REMOTE FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
My spare remote tip start for my truck is not working. After 4 batteries I am fairly sure it is dead.
Anyone have a place they have bought replacements from that worked and got a good price on? Best price I have seen for an OEM is right at $50.
I have looked all over the remote, inside and out, trying to find a part number having no luck.
I have read some of the AlfaOBD and believe I need the 4 digit security code for my truck to be able to program a remote myself.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Six8888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a spare from a locksmith here in Houston. Cost me 180.00 for coming out to my work and the fob and programming. The dealer here will program a fib for 75.00 I found out later. You need a special computer to program the fob I don’t think you can program it with AlphaOBD.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My spare remote tip start for my truck is not working. After 4 batteries I am fairly sure it is dead.
Anyone have a place they have bought replacements from that worked and got a good price on? Best price I have seen for an OEM is right at $50.
I have looked all over the remote, inside and out, trying to find a part number having no luck.
I have read some of the AlfaOBD and believe I need the 4 digit security code for my truck to be able to program a remote myself.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
This is a known working fob replacement- https://www.amazon.com/Aupoko-56046953-56046953AE-56046953AC-56046953AG/dp/B07VWVZ1MF
Yes, you’ll need the pin to program it, whether it be from the dealership parts department, or Chrysler PIN Puller app on google play store. AlfaOBD can easily program it.

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Thanks for the replies.
Am looking for an OEM keyfob right now. Will get the pin and attempt the programming myself!

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I installed the Chrysler PIN puller, bought the tokens and got my PIN.
Decided to try the key fob that would not work through AlfaOBD and it reprogrammed it.
Now the dead keyfob works! Guess it must have just lost it's brain after changing batteries or something.