2018 Eco Diesel Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mohican69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I've read about the issues that plagued the first Eco Diesels. Anyone have feedback on the later ones? I'm considering trading in my 2014 Ram 1500 with the Pentastar motor for a fully loaded 2018 Eco Diesel Laramie. My daily commute is roughly 120 miles and mostly highway so I'm thinking I can maximize my mpg with the diesel plus get increased longevity out of it since it's not the gas motor. Those are my two main objectives as I don't tow or haul anything regularly. I haven't heard much about these trucks mostly because everyone I know that has a diesel opted for the bigger 2500 or 3500 model. TKS

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2016 is fantastic. I also bought an Ecodiesel in my wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee. Unbelievable how well they both run. You won't be disappointed. Don't expect the same exceleration as the Hemi but a blast to drive in a different way. The torque pulls at any speed. Plus, you'll enjoy the 24mpg.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also, The Ecodiesel was made for commuting like you described. You won't get any soot build up. That commute will keep it clean as a whistle. If you keep the speed down to 65mph you'll see 26mpg. YouTube my video "2016 ram Ecodiesel real world mpg." I showed my log book.