2022 RAM 1500 Classic (Warlock) | Base Audio | No ANC Module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chainsaw_Monday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hey everyone!

Newer to the forum here, I've spent days researching this, but continue to fall short of a concrete answer.

As the title says, I've got a 2022 RAM 1500 Classic with the base 6 speaker audio, and the 8.4" Uconnect. From what I've been reading, it sounded like any truck WITHOUT an amp from the factory would have an ANC module underneath the driver's seat. I've looked there as well as under the passenger seat, and there is 100% no module, no box, no amp looking thing of any sort lol.

Am I missing something? Or is it totally normal to have the 6 speaker base audio and NOT have an ANC module?

Ultimately my goal is to upgrade all 4 door speakers with the use of the PAC CH41, an aftermarket 4 channel amp, and perhaps a mono amp and a couple 10s underneath the rear seats. I'm just trying to educate myself as much as possible before pulling the trigger on anything.

Thanks!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone!

Newer to the forum here, I've spent days researching this, but continue to fall short of a concrete answer.

As the title says, I've got a 2022 RAM 1500 Classic with the base 6 speaker audio, and the 8.4" Uconnect. From what I've been reading, it sounded like any truck WITHOUT an amp from the factory would have an ANC module underneath the driver's seat. I've looked there as well as under the passenger seat, and there is 100% no module, no box, no amp looking thing of any sort lol.

Am I missing something? Or is it totally normal to have the 6 speaker base audio and NOT have an ANC module?

Ultimately my goal is to upgrade all 4 door speakers with the use of the PAC CH41, an aftermarket 4 channel amp, and perhaps a mono amp and a couple 10s underneath the rear seats. I'm just trying to educate myself as much as possible before pulling the trigger on anything.

Thanks!
That's probably a 5th Gen thing...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a sound theory. I assumed because mine is a "classic" it would fall under the rules of the 4th gens. Do the 5th gens not have ANC modules?
I meant the opposite. That might be a 5th gen thing and yours being a 4th gen does not have ANC.

OP
OP
C

Chainsaw_Monday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I meant the opposite. That might be a 5th gen thing and yours being a 4th gen does not have ANC.
Oh wow, I just did a quick search on 4th Gen only for anything involving an ANC module... I'm not seeing anything. I think you may be on to something. I feel silly for not seeing something so simple on my own, I swear I've been looking up and down for days on this topic. Thanks for the thought! I'll proceed assuming my RAM doesn't have one.

With that assumption, is there a spot underneath the driver's seat where I could add a harness (or as a last resort) tap into in order to run signal to an amp? I'll attach a couple photos of what it looks like under there. I'm thinking the purple and green wires coming out of the yellow connector in the first image are for the rear speakers.

Attachments

• 20230920_090143.jpg
    20230920_090143.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230920_090210.jpg
    20230920_090210.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230920_090254.jpg
    20230920_090254.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230920_090301.jpg
    20230920_090301.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 11

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh wow, I just did a quick search on 4th Gen only for anything involving an ANC module... I'm not seeing anything. I think you may be on to something. I feel silly for not seeing something so simple on my own, I swear I've been looking up and down for days on this topic. Thanks for the thought! I'll proceed assuming my RAM doesn't have one.

With that assumption, is there a spot underneath the driver's seat where I could add a harness (or as a last resort) tap into in order to run signal to an amp? I'll attach a couple photos of what it looks like under there. I'm thinking the purple and green wires coming out of the yellow connector in the first image are for the rear speakers.
Nope, the rear speaker wires are in the lower B-pillars. They are easily identified on passenger or driver side as they are the only pair of wires behind the B-pillar that are twisted together. You can tap there and easily run it under the seat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chainsaw_Monday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
It looks like NetAudio has some nice items for my specific application. The harness route is ideal as I'd prefer not to tap into factory wiring.

The also have a version just to run a signal to a sub amp, I think I'll give them a ring today! Thanks again for the help SitKneelBend.

thadrip

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks!
Might be a little late but these guys have an option for the non-amplified system and an ANC bypass, www.t-harness.com