2018 Power Wagon Cam Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GadgetWiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just picked up a relatively new Power Wagon and I tow quite a bit with it. Coming from a diesel I was disappointed in the Torque when towing or accelerating. It felt very slow. I started making mods to improve the performance:

• Airlift 5000 (88289) with Daystar Air Bag Cradles and 72000 Air leveling compressor - Helped towing a LOT
  • Pedal Command - Worth every cent. Huge acceleration gains.
  • Airraid CAI - Lots of extra noise, but not much else. Wish I had bought Mopar because this thing just felt cheap.
  • Mufflex exhaust with Magnafloe Muffler
  • Moes Performance Ported Throttle Body 87MM
  • Finally a Diablo Tuner (removed the Pedal Commander at this time).

Now I'm looking at camming this thing (which sounds and feels MUCH better than before the mods). I just can't find a cam. I’m more interested in Torque and low end acceleration than anything, but I'm interested in learning as much as possible. Anybody have any recommendations? I haven't been able to find anything on Google except that I should do it, and that I might want to add headers and port too (Google results are mixed about the efficacy of the headers).

Edit:
I just noticed that the 5.7 and 6.4 engines use the same cam. Is that correct? I had been reading this article (http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1110tr-5-7-hemi-performance-cam-swap-part-1/), and didn't think their cam applied to my 6.4.

Last edited: