2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bifur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder 3.6
Hello everyone,

First time poster and first time RAM owner. I recently purchased a 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Quadcab back in July. It is the 6th cylinder engine. I don't tow anything very heavy (pop up camper that is about 2000 pounds) and I cared more about fuel efficiency.

Coming from 2001 Mazda B3000 5 speed manual, I love this truck! The only thing I am regretting is not having a keyless entry system. The RAM has power locks, windows, etc, but not a key fob. I honestly did not think about it when I was buying it as my 2001 had one and I assumed that was just standard now.

I've looked around online and have found conflicting information on the 2018. I am just looking for, at the minimum, a fob that can unlock and lock the doors. Maybe a horn after pressing lock twice just to be sure they are locked. Is this something the dealership will have to install or is there a different way?

Would anyone be willing to give me some information? I wanted to check here first because I just do not trust dealerships. It is always an up sale or you need this or that first, etc.

Thank you for any help!

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im my opinion just so an aftermarket keyless/remote start and be done and happy. you can really do it as a plug and play unit also.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I'm in the same boat. 2018 Ram 3500 Diesel with 6-Speed Manual Transmission. I only want keyless entry. Cannot have "N-Go" with manual. Have power locks and windows, but don't know if it is equipped with the receiver and antenna to support the fob. I can buy the parts, buy will it all work?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm in the same boat. 2018 Ram 3500 Diesel with 6-Speed Manual Transmission. I only want keyless entry. Cannot have "N-Go" with manual. Have power locks and windows, but don't know if it is equipped with the receiver and antenna to support the fob. I can buy the parts, buy will it all work?
All you need is to have the dealer add sales code GXM (remote keyless entry), and program the new remote key fobs.
You can also do this yourself with the AlfaOBD. You can get the fobs on Amazon for about $15/each.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
OK. Thanks for the info. We'll give it a go, and let you know how it goes

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please let me know how it goes. I have a 2019 Classic "Tradesman" or it seems (i.e. 2018 built for 2019). I have called the dealer parts department and they are telling me that the factory system cannot be installed. It sounds as if the tradesmens were built without the antenna harness for keyless entry and that it cannot be added.

If anyone has an insight on an aftermarket system please let me know. It seems there are several out there, but I'd like to know if there is one that is more or less compatible with our trucks.

PS. I'd also like to include remote start when I install a keyless system.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
It Worked! I bought two tree-button OEM fobs from NorthCoast Kless, (lock, unlock and panic....No "Go" available with manual Xmission). I don't think they even needed to input the GXM code. It took them a half-hour to program the fobs and cut two keys and I was out the door. Love it. It did cost me $140 to have them do the two fobs, but that's done and behind me. Many more years to enjoy. Thanks for all the help with this gang. I'm a happy man

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Sorry, "two three-button OEM fobs from NorthCoast Keyless". When I went in to the dealership, I said I didn't know if it would work, if it had the receiver and antenna. The techie asked if it had power locks, looked up my truck, and said it should work. And it did.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Update. Realized today that the programming also allows me to use the fob to start the auto; no need to bring the physical key. Thanks