2019 1500 big horn black edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just test drove a ‘19 big horn in the black edition. It has the new etorque 5.7 which I’m not 100% sold on. However it does have ALL the accessories I would ever want.
Adjustable pedals for the wife
Power rear slider
Big screen with nav and CD player
Park assist
3.92 Gears!!!
Black tubular side steps
Crew cab that was extended 4”- lots of room!!
Remote start
The center console
In floor storage compartments
USB plugs everywhere
Heated seats and steering wheel

Anyway as some know I currently have a ‘17 express quad cab. The wife and I were discussing an upgrade as finances would allow. She gave me permission. So we went to the lot and low and behold they have the black edition. She absolutely loves it!! First thing she said was “it needs a lift”. We drove it and what a huge difference between my 3.21 gears and 3.92!! Wow! With my full bolt ons and had I 3.92 gears my truck would really run. I was very impressed with the torque!

I’m having the dealer check on a lift. He used to work at a local performance shop. He said “Don’t get a lift installed here. Go up the street and have it done. I’ll check on what they have for 19s”. Sweet!

So now my only thing is will my S&B intake swap over, when will the Diablo be released, and do I go bilateins or a true 4” lift?

Anyone else have the new black edition lifted either an 18 or 19??

Anyone done any mods to a 19 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well you’ve come to the right place as there are several people who have “ modded “ their 2019. As far as if your S&B will switch over, no. There are a couple of companies working on cai. Lift wise it’s actually a personal preference as we have several on here who are only leveled, and others who have 3.5” lifts. I personally have the Mopar 2” lift as I’m waiting to see what BDS does. I also have 3.92 gears but I paired that with the Pedal Commander and I am one happy squirrel.

Since it is such a new truck and SEMA is right around the corner, not a lot is out yet for it. Give it till the end of the year and I’m sure they will lighten your wallet.

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well you’ve come to the right place as there are several people who have “ modded “ their 2019. As far as if your S&B will switch over, no. There are a couple of companies working on cai. Lift wise it’s actually a personal preference as we have several on here who are only leveled, and others who have 3.5” lifts. I personally have the Mopar 2” lift as I’m waiting to see what BDS does. I also have 3.92 gears but I paired that with the Pedal Commander and I am one happy squirrel.

Since it is such a new truck and SEMA is right around the corner, not a lot is out yet for it. Give it till the end of the year and I’m sure they will lighten your wallet.

Thanks darkness! I took my trade over to the dealer and was Not happy with the offer. I found another one an hour and a half away for less money. I’ll be visiting that dealer next week.
My wife is extremely excited and wants me to get that truck. Lol

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The one she saw, or the one that’s further away ? Also it’s really easy to drop coin on these new ones lol. My list isn’t long but it serves its purpose.

New oem Sport hood
New oem appliqué painted Billet silver
Replace chrome grill letters with black ones
Replaced chrome door letters with black ones
Replaced Ram tailgate emblem with black one
Debadged rear tailgate
Added ghosted 4x4 off-road to sides of bed
Tonneau cover BakFlip
Oem bumper step
Replaced cargo lights with led ones
Ordered a cat back with black 5” tips exhaust
Mopar 2” lift kit with new UCA.
Oem Mopar step rail
Replaced chrome mirror caps with Billet silver ones
Tinted front windows to match rear
Added the Pedal Commander
Ceramic coated entire vehicle including wheels and tonneau
HellWig rear sway bar

That’s solely in the last 8 weeks lol.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here is what I started out with and I swore I was happy as a pig in slop with it lol.a3faf231c81ab726daf2c6539ca426b0.jpg

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Darkness I know the feeling. I’ve modded the **** out of my express!
This is the one I’m going to look at Monday
f3b3151ec96b33908fabeca5219a72e1.jpg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Man, that is sharp looking and I agree with your wife these 2019 do need to be lifted lol.

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, that is sharp looking and I agree with your wife these 2019 do need to be lifted lol.

Hopefully the numbers they give me are better than the local dealer and I’ll be in it. ca5552a6181d5b926ac056572dbd6603.jpg
This was local but they only want to give me 22k for trade. Not happening!!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh wow, years back when I traded in my Mercedes, I ended up as a trade more then then what I was buying lol. That’s the only time having a Mercedes did me right. Of course the new car wasn’t a luxury vehicle, but it served me well. It’s funny how they will kill you on trades and then turn around and sell it for 50% more then they were willing go give you.

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ac41d385986332a9d40de200c9006096.jpg
This is a 2019 “classic” they call it. Same as the big horn/ long horn black but with the 2018 body. Man if the new body style had that hood that would be sweet!!
Sent an email to the out of town dealership and the GM actually emailed me back on a Sunday!! I was blown away! Then I get a call asking what specific truck I’m looking for and if I want to schedule an appt. “yeah I sure do”. They have the truck I want in stock. Might just be getting the new ride soon. Taking the trip today after they call me.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a 2019 “classic” they call it. Same as the big horn/ long horn black but with the 2018 body. Man if the new body style had that hood that would be sweet!!
Sent an email to the out of town dealership and the GM actually emailed me back on a Sunday!! I was blown away! Then I get a call asking what specific truck I’m looking for and if I want to schedule an appt. “yeah I sure do”. They have the truck I want in stock. Might just be getting the new ride soon. Taking the trip today after they call me.

I would be sure to ask them if that's the OTD price less tax,tags and DOC fees before you go. Most dealers have an extra $2500-3000 tacked on at the bottom of the sticker for extras like paint protection, scotch guard, glass etching and of course the world famous "powertrain protection plan" that's only good if they do all the maintenance and of course only good at THEIR dealership and last but not least N2 in the tires. I made it a point to tell my dealer both times before I ever set foot on the premises that I wasn't paying for anything that wasn't discussed beforehand. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be sure to ask them if that's the OTD price less tax,tags and DOC fees before you go. Most dealers have an extra $2500-3000 tacked on at the bottom of the sticker for extras like paint protection, scotch guard, glass etching and of course the world famous "powertrain protection plan" that's only good if they do all the maintenance and of course only good at THEIR dealership and last but not least N2 in the tires. I made it a point to tell my dealer both times before I ever set foot on the premises that I wasn't paying for anything that wasn't discussed beforehand. Good luck!

Yeah they gave me an invoice with the tax, title, tags included. But I didn’t check on the extras you mentioned

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just found another one 2hrs away with the moon roof!! I contacted them and I will see what they say over the phone. The local dealer is shorting me 3k on my trade and not including all rebates

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^ , yup that’s the dealer for you. It’s amazing what they will hold on to money wise, yet try and make it seem they are giving you “ the deal “ when quoting.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I didn’t think the 2019 “ Classics “ had the sport hoods. :(

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s rough as I was speaking with another dealership earlier and they swore the classics were only offered in base mode lol. Just goes to show what we get from people who truly do not know.

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s rough as I was speaking with another dealership earlier and they swore the classics were only offered in base mode lol. Just goes to show what we get from people who truly do not know.

No man it’s definitely not a base model. It’s interior is exactly like the 19 big horn/ long horn I looked at.
Some of these salesman don’t have a clue

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No man it’s definitely not a base model. It’s interior is exactly like the 19 big horn/ long horn I looked at.
Some of these salesman don’t have a clue

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve always wanted the 4th generation with the sport hood added. [emoji4]

Last edited: