2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I want the taillights and the power nerf bars for my 14. pass on the rest

Our models are still extremely nice, but I bet this one grows on you when you start seeing them on the road. I had a 2nd Gen, never could get into the 3rd Gen, and fell in love with the 4th Gen, but in my opinion, the 5th Gen is damn fine looking.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In general I'm looking forward to seeing the bulging hood go away. Never wasy thing personally.

I'm wondering how long until everyone disables the hybrid motor/mds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
At no point did I ever like previous generation of any car/truck. This will be no different. Anybody that says this looks ugly or “I’m glad I got my current truck” is just lying to himself. This happens every generation.

Silly commet right here.

I said the 07/08 chevys looked like ass and when it was time to buy another truck I went to Ram, I still think the chevys look like ass and I do not like this new Ram either.
Maybe you lie to your self but not everyone does.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Any one have any information on the new 19 Rams with new 6 lug rims revised tow capacity? Just wonder if the axle has been increased over the 9's for the last 20 years making tow capacity increase to the 2500?

PartTimeHero

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014/ 2004
Engine
Hemi 5.7 x 2
Our models are still extremely nice, but I bet this one grows on you when you start seeing them on the road. I had a 2nd Gen, never could get into the 3rd Gen, and fell in love with the 4th Gen, but in my opinion, the 5th Gen is damn fine looking.

I love the black sport that was posted. That is what I was waiting for. Not a fan of the other models. I know it will grow on me like the 06-08 run, but I'm not over here upset that I didn't wait and get one of these.

xeriminox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any one have any information on the new 19 Rams with new 6 lug rims revised tow capacity? Just wonder if the axle has been increased over the 9's for the last 20 years making tow capacity increase to the 2500?

Payload and towing capacities purportedly increased on the 2019 1500; 2,300 max payload and 12,700 max towing.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Ok I can take the styling not the tech. Glad I got my 2017 2500, 6.4. Still somewhat of a real truck. like the styling, straight axles, coil springs, tows great up hill. MDS, almost always turn it off. Want some pep, drive it in tow haul mode. All the 1/2 tons are morphing into clones, as all 4 door sedans did a few years back. Its all about EPA, MPG's, govt. regs. 15" to 16" 18" 20" 22" wheels? cafe standards! Hell I leave my truck idle 10 minutes at a time. Dont want or need it to shut down for me at a light. Old school , old guy here! (ok, how come it doesn't come with A gun rack?) Just kidding bout that.

xeriminox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I can take the styling not the tech. Glad I got my 2017 2500, 6.4. Still somewhat of a real truck. like the styling, straight axles, coil springs, tows great up hill. MDS, almost always turn it off. Want some pep, drive it in tow haul mode. All the 1/2 tons are morphing into clones, as all 4 door sedans did a few years back. Its all about EPA, MPG's, govt. regs. 15" to 16" 18" 20" 22" wheels? cafe standards! Hell I leave my truck idle 10 minutes at a time. Dont want or need it to shut down for me at a light. Old school , old guy here! (ok, how come it doesn't come with A gun rack?) Just kidding bout that.

While not as eager as you to identify as “old”, I agree with much of your sentiment. I admit to liking features and niceties in a truck as much as the next guy. However, too much tech can be distracting from the primary purpose of a truck, for me at least. Nonetheless, we will see what the 2500/3500 evolution will look like next year.

I do like the looks of the 2019 rebel much more than that of the 4th gen.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
12,700 tow and 2300 payload for the 6 lug

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
While not as eager as you to identify as “old”, I agree with much of your sentiment. I admit to liking features and niceties in a truck as much as the next guy. However, too much tech can be distracting from the primary purpose of a truck, for me at least. Nonetheless, we will see what the 2500/3500 evolution will look like next year.

I do like the looks of the 2019 rebel much more than that of the 4th gen.

rebel looks good ^^^^^^

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
So 2300lb payload, does anyone know how they got this.
Seems like they would had to change a few things other than making them 6 lug.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the rebel, wonder if you can get the larger screen as an option. I do like the fact they don't force the air suspension on you any more

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow. Ram wasn’t screwing around with this redesign. I think these will sell extremely well. May have to buy some stock..

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't want to like the 2019 because I'll start wanting to switch mine up.....but I gotta agree with others who are saying that it's growing on them.

I like the blacked out Laramie in the one video. The new features being offered are making it even sweeter than it already was.

Anyone know which model will be similar to our current Sports? I didn't see the Sport listed on the American FCA web site?

I'd like to get another white Ram with the black out package...kinda like the current Night edition Sport.

laffs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, is there no more "Sport" model?

I saw one video that called a truck a Laramie "Sport Edition" and another that had a Big Horn with color matched bumpers/flares/grill. So I'm wondering if the Sport level is becoming a option group like Ford did the the F150 and the Fx4 moniker.

Either way, I freakin love the 19 truck. Going to have to exercise serious self control on this one, that Black Laramie Sport oooooof.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw one video that called a truck a Laramie "Sport Edition" and another that had a Big Horn with color matched bumpers/flares/grill. So I'm wondering if the Sport level is becoming a option group like Ford did the the F150 and the Fx4 moniker.

Either way, I freakin love the 19 truck. Going to have to exercise serious self control on this one, that Black Laramie Sport oooooof.
Yeah,.......that's what I saw on the website. Looks great!
I wonder if it will be offered in rcsb as well?

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the 2019 Ram redesign looks fantastic. It looks well-designed and cohesive.

The 2019 Silverado on the other hand looks like a bunch of random shapes and angles haphazardly thrown together. It looks awful.

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new design is awesome. I really like the giant Uconnect system, I wish the gauges were all digital though. Overall they knocked this out of the park.

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Silly commet right here.

I said the 07/08 chevys looked like ass and when it was time to buy another truck I went to Ram, I still think the chevys look like ass and I do not like this new Ram either.
Maybe you lie to your self but not everyone does.
My comment is based on facts, this will be no different.