2019 ram 1500 Tran whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylewalker1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PLEASE HELP. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi limited 4x4. A week ago I smelt transmission fluid leaking and went under the vehicle to find ALL 5 bolts on my oil cooler were loose to where the Tran fluid was leaking from the seal. I got it all tightened up I lost about 3qts of fluid and did a Tran flush. The vehicle now has a whine that’s described as a “super charger” whine coming from transmission ONLY when accelerating hard and it gets louder the harder u accelerate. Has anyone had this problem before ? The truck is still shifting perfect and is not presenting no issues or codes. If I knew the sound wasn’t abnormal I would be happy but my truck is not equipped with a supercharger so not normal at all. PLEASE HELP. Vehicle has 150k on it

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What did you put back in for fluid,and did you jack the truck up till the transmission pan rail was level.These are the factory instructions for doing a fluid level check on the 8 speed,follow them to a T if you want to have the correct amount of fluid in your 8 speed.

Attachments

• IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 7

charlottebirchett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever figure out your noise? I had that whine and had to replace the bearing in my alternator, which was a chore in itself, because it's not an average alternator it's got that thing on top of it (can't remember what that was) but it made removing the alternator very difficult. (i had the bearing replaced instead of the entire alternator, which was going to be over $1000.