2020 4X4 1500 Eibach Pro + Zone UCAs What Tire Will Fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey 5th gen guys!

My buddy just bought a 2020 4x4 and wants to lift it with the Eibach Pro kit which I think is 2.25 front lift? Not sure how much the rear springs lift it. And then Zone UCAs to top it off since he will be off-roading with it. Might possibly go with the Bilstein setup and a rear spacer but after talking with [email protected] they are out of stock.

My friend's only requirement is that he wants to keep the stock wheels but go to a 35ish tire.

Will a 295-65r20 or a 35x11.50 work with this combo on this truck? Or heck, what about a 35x12.50? How wide are the wheels on 5th gens?

I will be doing the install, is it pretty simple like the 4th gen? Anything to be aware of on the 5th gen?

Thanks!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey 5th gen guys!

My buddy just bought a 2020 4x4 and wants to lift it with the Eibach Pro kit which I think is 2.25 front lift? Not sure how much the rear springs lift it. And then Zone UCAs to top it off since he will be off-roading with it. Might possibly go with the Bilstein setup and a rear spacer but after talking with [email protected] they are out of stock.

My friend's only requirement is that he wants to keep the stock wheels but go to a 35ish tire.

Will a 295-65r20 or a 35x11.50 work with this combo on this truck? Or heck, what about a 35x12.50? How wide are the wheels on 5th gens?

I will be doing the install, is it pretty simple like the 4th gen? Anything to be aware of on the 5th gen?

Thanks!
You are spot on. 35's will clear easy just keep them skinnier. The sway bar on the 5th gen is not as easy as the 4th gens so add 7 minutes to your install, LOL

5th gen upper strut bolt (Shaft) will most likely be rusted so wire brush it before attempting to take it off

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the big lower bolt an issue on the 5th gen too? Should I just have him order a couple new bolts then saw the stock ones off? Not sure how many miles his has but it is used so probably some rust in there

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Is the big lower bolt an issue on the 5th gen too? Should I just have him order a couple new bolts then saw the stock ones off? Not sure how many miles his has but it is used so probably some rust in there
I have not had one have an issue yet. I doubt it would be necessary. The 5th gens flipped the bolt so the thread faces the rear.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@G-Ride990 if you’re ordering the kit from @Nick@GotExhaust and want it plug and play. I can intercept the struts and assemble them for you. That’s if you get the eibach kit that comes with the springs. We would just need to add a new top hat. But you would just unbolt and drop the new set in without messing with compressing the springs

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@G-Ride990 if you’re ordering the kit from @Nick@GotExhaust and want it plug and play. I can intercept the struts and assemble them for you. That’s if you get the eibach kit that comes with the springs. We would just need to add a new top hat. But you would just unbolt and drop the new set in without messing with compressing the springs
That would be badass! I am waiting for my buddy to give me the green light then I am having Nick send him the invoice. I'll send you a PM to get the details for assembly. I only have a basic macpherson style strut compressor set which is super sketchy, having a pro like you do it would be way better!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That would be badass! I am waiting for my buddy to give me the green light then I am having Nick send him the invoice. I'll send you a PM to get the details for assembly. I only have a basic macpherson style strut compressor set which is super sketchy, having a pro like you do it would be way better!
Yeah no need to risk your life LOL.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How high can the Eibach struts be set to on the 5th gens? I believe the 5100s on the 5th gens are shorter than the 4th gen ones too.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
It’s the opposite the 5th gens will give the 4th gens an extra 1”

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are going on his 5th gen not my 4th gen I already have all of this stuff done to my truck.

Looks like the Bils go to 2.6 on the 5th gen rather than 2.8 on the 4th gen

Cant find the Eibach kit for a 5th gen 4x4 on their website though

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
When I did the eibach coils on my truck the rental style spring compressor was sketchy, LOL it locked up and started cross threading (we were at my brothers house) I’ve had a few guys send me struts to put together for them. It makes it nice to eliminate the hardest part of the install

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I did the eibach coils on my truck the rental style spring compressor was sketchy, LOL it locked up and started cross threading (we were at my brothers house) I’ve had a few guys send me struts to put together for them. It makes it nice to eliminate the hardest part of the install
Yeah he basically told me to tell him what to buy. He wanted to spend around $1000 on the level so I originally told him Billys, zone upper control arms and a 1in rear spring spacer. But Nick suggested the Eibach setup. Which I totally agree with. So the plan at the moment is the zone upper control arms with the Eibach kit.

I have actually used my macpherson compressors to install billys on my truck and two of my other friends trucks but I hate using that crap. Tons of suspension shops have dedicated machines/setups for compressing struts so I would prefer to not do that.

I still want Nick to drop ship them to you, so we will make that happen. Just waiting on my buddy John to give me the okay and then he will pay Nick's invoice and send them your way.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again for offering that. Makes the install a bolt in setup and I don't have to worry about compressing those dang springs.

Oh and I can go measure his truck for sure. I can grab some measurements tomorrow if that will help. The goal is to fit 35ish tires with the stock wheels. That's it.

Thanks again for the help man!

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks again for offering that. Makes the install a bolt in setup and I don't have to worry about compressing those dang springs.

Oh and I can go measure his truck for sure. I can grab some measurements tomorrow if that will help. The goal is to fit 35ish tires with the stock wheels. That's it.

Thanks again for the help man!
Perfect!! Measurements are a must

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay finally got an update and some bad news. We kind of dragged our feet ordering this stuff so I just had Nick send it right to him. Looks like I will have to set these dang things up. Elk hunt is a week so I didn't think we would have time to turn them around if we sent them your way. I sincerely appreciate your offer though. Next time I will take you up on it for sure!

Hopefully they aren't any worse than the bills and I have the tools I need already. What do you think?

Here are the measurements:

Front both sides 35.875
Right Rear 37.875
Rear Left 37.625

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Okay finally got an update and some bad news. We kind of dragged our feet ordering this stuff so I just had Nick send it right to him. Looks like I will have to set these dang things up. Elk hunt is a week so I didn't think we would have time to turn them around if we sent them your way. I sincerely appreciate your offer though. Next time I will take you up on it for sure!

Hopefully they aren't any worse than the bills and I have the tools I need already. What do you think?

Here are the measurements:

Front both sides 35.875
Right Rear 37.875
Rear Left 37.625
Right on. They suck to do that is why I offered. No worries though it’s not impossible.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right on. They suck to do that is why I offered. No worries though it’s not impossible.
Worse than the bils?

Might need to order some tools if I can get them here in time.

What should I set these suckers at to level his truck?

Edit: Do I just swap the spring perches over, and set the lift collar are the right height like the bils? Can't seem to find the instructions online at the moment. Still looking.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Worse than the bils?

Might need to order some tools if I can get them here in time.

What should I set these suckers at to level his truck?

Edit: Do I just swap the spring perches over, and set the lift collar are the right height like the bils? Can't seem to find the instructions online at the moment. Still looking.
Did you get the eibach springs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat