2020 Laramie 1500 - improve suspension, new tires, wheels recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020Ram1500WTNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for guidance - I am nearing the end of my 2020 lease for the 1500 Laramie and looking to buy it - I generally like the truck but it needs some improvements. It has only 27000 miles on it, and I will need to buck up for new tires and considering new wheels while I am at it. Since I don't go offroad nor tow much, and there's little snow in the northeast I will go with mildly beefy commodity multi use tire for mileage and find a same size wheel, and get rid of those plastic covered stock wheels. But, I do hate the current suspension - it drives like I am riding on sponges, if I hit a minor hole in the road the truck bounces in the front, or the rear hits the hole hard.
Any recommendations? I wouldn't mind lifting it a few inches, but I do not want to compromise the ride. Budget will be about 5-6k all in. Thanks in advance.