2020 PW Rear Axle Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
So i have a carli front diff guard on the ol' gal, and i would like to put at least something on the rear diff.

Im not going AEV. because right now. They are in my bad books (Not the point of this thread).

So i have been looking at those purple cranium "Spider" guards. I understand these are not as stout as carli, or offer as much protection.

However, the one thing it does offer is basically creating an external flange around the housing, and stock diff cover. Since the cover's main weakness is the lip peeling up if you scrape a rock. This guard would at least keep you from dumping you rear end juice onto the floor.

But their website sucks. and i am confused on exactly what rear end we have in this truck.

I read somewhere that it is like a 10.5 AAM, but with the ring gear from the 11.5AAM. So which freaking cover do i need? lol.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Check Maple Off Road. Neil was supposed to have rear diff guards ready.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Valdek Marnat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, Im new here and its my first Ram i just bought. I must replace rear axle and im super confused which axle i can use / buy. The broken one is 68272092AF 3.92 and im wondering if there is difference to get different ratio or part number axle. Thank You :)

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, Im new here and its my first Ram i just bought. I must replace rear axle and im super confused which axle i can use / buy. The broken one is 68272092AF 3.92 and im wondering if there is difference to get different ratio or part number axle. Thank You :)

Wuh? If its a pw then its not 3.92

why do you need to replace the axle?

Valdek Marnat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank You for reply - i need to replace because i bought the accidental truck. Rear axle had got hit and bed plus 2X left doors need to be replaced. I took rear axle off and thats when it gets confusing. It has sticker on it and stamp and they are different. I just dont want to buy wrong axle and be stuck with it :)

MoiVupeYcUunoPr0.jpg

Capture axle.JPG

Capture axle2.JPG

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank You for reply - i need to replace because i bought the accidental truck. Rear axle had got hit and bed plus 2X left doors need to be replaced. I took rear axle off and thats when it gets confusing. It has sticker on it and stamp and they are different. I just dont want to buy wrong axle and be stuck with it :)

View attachment 237747

View attachment 237749

View attachment 237750

What truck do you have? As stated above, this is the power wagon section (2500 based truck).

Regardless, is there something actually wrong with the rear axle? The sticker on the axle should be correct on what it is.