2020 Ram 1500 Classic 2WD, Lifted vs leveled ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Hello I just sold my 2020 Chevy Silverado LTZ and bought a 2020 Classic Ram 1500 2WD. I live in Florida with allot of heat and flat roads. I do 0 off roading. I sold a 2018 Chevy 2500 HD leveled also before that.
I also do 0 towing.
I've spent over 20 hours reading every post I could find on lifted vs leveling. I've leveled many trucks, but never lifted any. On the Dodge 1500 2WD I just can't find allot of options for either.
I ordered a RC 2" leveling kit, than changed my mind to a 4" lift kit. My wife is 5' and cannot get into a high truck. Were both in our early 50's.
My thought was the 2" leveling kit would stiffen up the front end, as they don't give you taller springs, they give you thicker springs. I've read every comment and they all say it really stiffens up the front ends.
So I just ordered the 4" RC lift for for 2WD, my thought was if I keep it on 33's I'll save an inch rather than 35's, and the 4" lift from all the reviews keeps the stock ride which I love. I thought it would also be easier on the UCA angles since it's a drop spindle ?

My question is anyone have measurement's on 33's for a 2WD leveled vs lifted to the bottom of the fenders so I know where it will sit?

Also Leveled I believe I can't go more than 33"x12.5" neg -18 off set right?
4" lifted I can go 33" x 12.5" -24 offset right? I don't want to go any more offset than -24 or -26

Can someone post pics so I can see where their running boards are so I can see if she can get into the truck lifted with a 4" or Leveled.

Please also let me know how you like the ride of the leveled truck or lifted. That is a big concern as I all ready know going to a load E tire is going to kill the ride, I've been down this road before. I wish they made a P or Q rated tires for these sizes.

Thanks !

2020-12-08 16.31.43.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the vehicles gallery at Custom wheel offset website https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery

The gallery will give you ideas and you'll be able to choose a RAM with similar heigth and see all kind of setups of wheel setups and tire sizes.
Because you have a classic RAM any wheel/tire from 2009-2018 4th gen 1500 is your direct fit.

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Thank you , I will check them out again

I'm heavily leaning on the 4" lift now , I ordered the RC 4" lift kit, but now looking into Max Trac 4.5" lift as well

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your worried about height..... you can always level it by lowering the back 2"

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh hell yes if you want a Made in USA kit go with Maxtrax or CST. They have much better quality than RC. Maxtrax is in AZ and CST is here in Socal (Moreno Valley,CA). My new year resolution is to favor USA products and even more if they're local so I'll do CST if i had a 2wd truck :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Oh hell yes if you want a Made in USA kit go with Maxtrax or CST. They have much better quality than RC. Maxtrax is in AZ and CST is here in Socal (Moreno Valley,CA). My new year resolution is to favor USA products and even more if they're local so I'll do CST if i had a 2wd truck :)

Maxtrac is also a Southern California business main office is in Anaheim ... the CST one is just down the street from me in Moreno Valley ...

Jaybo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello I just sold my 2020 Chevy Silverado LTZ and bought a 2020 Classic Ram 1500 2WD. I live in Florida with allot of heat and flat roads. I do 0 off roading. I sold a 2018 Chevy 2500 HD leveled also before that.
I also do 0 towing.
I've spent over 20 hours reading every post I could find on lifted vs leveling. I've leveled many trucks, but never lifted any. On the Dodge 1500 2WD I just can't find allot of options for either.
I ordered a RC 2" leveling kit, than changed my mind to a 4" lift kit. My wife is 5' and cannot get into a high truck. Were both in our early 50's.
My thought was the 2" leveling kit would stiffen up the front end, as they don't give you taller springs, they give you thicker springs. I've read every comment and they all say it really stiffens up the front ends.
So I just ordered the 4" RC lift for for 2WD, my thought was if I keep it on 33's I'll save an inch rather than 35's, and the 4" lift from all the reviews keeps the stock ride which I love. I thought it would also be easier on the UCA angles since it's a drop spindle ?

My question is anyone have measurement's on 33's for a 2WD leveled vs lifted to the bottom of the fenders so I know where it will sit?

Also Leveled I believe I can't go more than 33"x12.5" neg -18 off set right?
4" lifted I can go 33" x 12.5" -24 offset right? I don't want to go any more offset than -24 or -26

Can someone post pics so I can see where their running boards are so I can see if she can get into the truck lifted with a 4" or Leveled.

Please also let me know how you like the ride of the leveled truck or lifted. That is a big concern as I all ready know going to a load E tire is going to kill the ride, I've been down this road before. I wish they made a P or Q rated tires for these sizes.

Thanks !

View attachment 230401

Jaybo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a MaxTrac 7” lift on my 19 Ram 1500 Classic 2WD, AND I FREAKING LOVE IT!! took me two days to get it all done but it’s a lift you can do in your own driveway and save the grand it would take to pay someone else to do it. The only thing I think I’m going to do is take the money I saved by doing it myself, and get a single piece drive shaft versus the two piece that I have now. It will clear 37x13.5’s but I’m only going to go with 35x 12.5’s. For now, I’ve only put 20k on my tires, so I’m just going to get more out of them before I get new tires, looks great even with the stock wheels and tires on them.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I just put a MaxTrac 7” lift on my 19 Ram 1500 Classic 2WD, AND I FREAKING LOVE IT!! took me two days to get it all done but it’s a lift you can do in your own driveway and save the grand it would take to pay someone else to do it. The only thing I think I’m going to do is take the money I saved by doing it myself, and get a single piece drive shaft versus the two piece that I have now. It will clear 37x13.5’s but I’m only going to go with 35x 12.5’s. For now, I’ve only put 20k on my tires, so I’m just going to get more out of them before I get new tires, looks great even with the stock wheels and tires on them.
Pictures? If not then it didn't happen! [emoji28][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2014RAM1500owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my 4th gen 2wd with the MaxTrac 4.5 inch lift. My profile has pictures of it when I first bought it and this is a current pic. I am running Method NV 20X9 on 35" BFG KO2's. No rubbing or issues and rides great. I am installing the MaxTrac forged upper A-arms soon too. IMG_20210711_100631_01.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
What size lift did you do? Also what wheel and tire combo do you have?
It was the 4.5/3" lift.

Tires are 35x12.50.20 Nitto Ridge Grappler

drmoreau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
If you don't go offroading, what is the point of a lift? It will certainly raise the center of gravity, making the vehicle more prone to rolling in an accident. Higher center of gravity also reduces ability to make sudden avoidance movements, like when lumber slides off that truck in front of you (happened to me on the interstate). Having been a commercial driver with about 1.5M miles under my belt, I'm all about safety. Deliberately making a truck less manuverable and prone to rollover is fine. Just don't expect a love of loving understanding from the EMS when they come with the ambulance...

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
I have a Maxtrac 4.5 lift. It levels the truck by lifting 4.5 in the front via lift spindles, uses stock shocks and springs, so ride quality is not affected. On the rear it lifts with 3" springs leveling the truck out. my tires are a little bigger than stock so that lifts it up a little more too. My wife is about 5'2" and has no issues getting in but I have step bars. My kids, age 5 and 8 have no issues either.

This is my truck in case you want to see how the height looks.