2020 1500 RAM Limited Air Suspension Errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spooky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello. Looking for some input from anyone that has experience with the stock air ride on RAMs. I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and had a RC 5" suspension lift put in shortly after I got it. No real issues until I moved from DE to PA just over a year ago and started getting warnings about Air Suspension issues. Most the time they cleared right away and there isn't any other indications of problems with the system.

I downloaded the error messages and over the past week or so I have only seen the two for rear sensors stuck. I crawled under and they seem fine, all wiring from what I can see look okay. The dealer said the links are probably too long and binding, but wouldnt work it because it's after market. I even explained I didn't expect it to be warranty work but they didn't want to or couldn't.

One other thing is that when I drive on flat roads with no inclines or declines I dont seem to get random errors as much. When I am going through hills or mountains I seem to have warnings every time.

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated. Manuals, videos, experience, etc :)

1699473526489.png
1699473698915.png

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello. Looking for some input from anyone that has experience with the stock air ride on RAMs. I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and had a RC 5" suspension lift put in shortly after I got it. No real issues until I moved from DE to PA just over a year ago and started getting warnings about Air Suspension issues. Most the time they cleared right away and there isn't any other indications of problems with the system.

I downloaded the error messages and over the past week or so I have only seen the two for rear sensors stuck. I crawled under and they seem fine, all wiring from what I can see look okay. The dealer said the links are probably too long and binding, but wouldnt work it because it's after market. I even explained I didn't expect it to be warranty work but they didn't want to or couldn't.

One other thing is that when I drive on flat roads with no inclines or declines I dont seem to get random errors as much. When I am going through hills or mountains I seem to have warnings every time.

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated. Manuals, videos, experience, etc :)

View attachment 531491
View attachment 531492
Air suspension is not if its when it fails. it is repairable but I urge my customers to convert to a coil suspension and eliminate the headache all together. All air suspension issues are throwing money at something that's just going to happen again. Or leave you really low on one side when you have somewhere to go. We have plenty of guys start out fixing but they convert or trade the truck in. Specializing in Ram suspensions has its ups and downs

OP
OP
S

Spooky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air suspension is not if its when it fails. it is repairable but I urge my customers to convert to a coil suspension and eliminate the headache all together. All air suspension issues are throwing money at something that's just going to happen again. Or leave you really low on one side when you have somewhere to go. We have plenty of guys start out fixing but they convert or trade the truck in. Specializing in Ram suspensions has its ups and downs
Any thoughts to what the problem could be? I tend to think it's some sort of controller issue, rather than a sensor? I am most likely going to sell the truck. Not because of this issue, just a change and want a new project.

zrock

Reaction score
your goign to have to get under their and start testing things, Did you pull the arms of the sensors and make sure they move freely? Did you check your dash switches and see if you have a switch starting to fail?

OP
OP
S

Spooky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
your goign to have to get under their and start testing things, Did you pull the arms of the sensors and make sure they move freely? Did you check your dash switches and see if you have a switch starting to fail?
I did get under the truck but didnt pull anything apart, just did some inspections, but I will have to I guess . I found it really odd both sensors reporting being stuck. Switches are all fine, and checked the fuses. Is the controller for the air suspension mounted on the pump in the rear of the truck? I was going to pull some plugs on there and run wiring from there to the sensors for a broken wire. I can't find a good wiring diagram for the system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat