2020 Ram limited windshield washer not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamartinez67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8.7
My 2020 Ram limited windshield glass cleaner not coming out. We just had a freeze this pass Tuesday and Monday it worked fine. Do you think the cold cold affected it somehow? I can hear the pump but window cleaner comes out. Or maybe the tips are clogged...IDK.Would love to hear your thoughts on this issue...Thank You Guys!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly what Steven said. Does your truck sit outside or is it in a garage? Didn’t know if you had some recent snowfall that contributed to it. Regardless, your nozzles probably froze up.

Adam

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What is in your washer fluid reservoir?
Because we often see sub-freezing temps here in the Mid-Atlantic region I have always used fluid good to at least -20F.

In the last week the temps got down to +11F, nozzles worked fine.
I've been seeing unusually cold temps in Texas and other parts of the south. You might be trying to spray ice cubes?

I have also heard of Rain-X causing clogs in the system.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This happened to me and it ended up being a disconnected line under the hood insulator.

I live in FL so it was not weather related. I could see fluid dripping out from under my insulator.

Worth a look.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This happened to me and it ended up being a disconnected line under the hood insulator.

I live in FL so it was not weather related. I could see fluid dripping out from under my insulator.

Worth a look.

Me too, on my 2014, in the summer. Only the passenger side failed to squirt. Kind of a hint right there.

I opened the hood and hit the squirt, saw fluid running from the hose where the nozzle broke off, just brittle. Figured it was age-related and replaced both.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Both of the nozzles on my wife's 2013 Jeep broke a couple weeks ago. I asked the local mechanic and he said he had to order them from Jeep...$50 for the pair! NFW am I paying $50 for two plastic squirters, so I got a generic pair from Auto Zone for $17. They're not an exact fit, but they work.

OP
OP
gamartinez67

gamartinez67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8.7
Hey I want to Thank You All for your comments. I have been using Rain X and I heard it was not good to use and may clog the spray nozzles is that true? Also I can hear the pump sound when I activate. And I noticed the nozzles have a green and white build up. So do you think the Rain X fluid is the issue and nozzles need replacing? And if so what type of fluid is good to use.Sorry I have not responded and gave a heads up but have been very busy at work lately.Still not working I'm going to change out nozzles and check that the hoses did not come loose and will get back to you Guys and Gals.Once again Thank You All for your comments I will try all that was mentioned here and be sure to get back to you all. A picture of my 2020 Ram Limited about to go fishing..

Attachments

• 20231013_173319.jpg
    20231013_173319.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 3

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I looked on Amazon and ordered a set based on what had some of the best ratings. Apparently I drew the wrong "straw" because the nozzles I got were horrible. Instead of putting out a spray the covered the windshield they shot out one single stream that I could not aim.
So I got a set from my local dealer, more expensive but have been working fine ever since, been about 2-3 years now.

I usually have much better luck with products from Amazon, so good luck if you go that way. There are vendors here, like Summit, that folks like. Summit usually has a variety of parts from different manufacturers and different prices.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey I want to Thank You All for your comments. I have been using Rain X and I heard it was not good to use and may clog the spray nozzles is that true? Also I can hear the pump sound when I activate. And I noticed the nozzles have a green and white build up. So do you think the Rain X fluid is the issue and nozzles need replacing? And if so what type of fluid is good to use.Sorry I have not responded and gave a heads up but have been very busy at work lately.Still not working I'm going to change out nozzles and check that the hoses did not come loose and will get back to you Guys and Gals.Once again Thank You All for your comments I will try all that was mentioned here and be sure to get back to you all. A picture of my 2020 Ram Limited about to go fishing..
Try running 99% rubbing alcohol in the washer bottle , it'll sometimes clean out the washer system.
If it works i'd avoid Rain-X afterwards

OP
OP
gamartinez67

gamartinez67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8.7
Yes will do and yes hell with Rain X. Thank You for the advise and will let you know what i found out.