Windshield washer blockage appears to be at the nozzles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HickoryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Filter at the windshield washer pump was clean. This is the third time that I have gotten low water pressure coming out of the nozzles. The first two times the solution was to clean the filter at the pump. This worked fine. Finding that the filter was clean this time, I replaced the pump. That was not the problem. Disconnecting the soft rubber hose from the plastic and testing resulted in water coming out at about 10 to 12 ft distance. I guess that's good or very good. As for the nozzles I have tried air from both directions, needles, guitar string, scrubbing them with a toothbrush. As a result it's getting worse. I have just ordered a tool to remove the pad under the hood having popped the first one and it seemingly broke. I don't know how to remove the nozzles at my age which is lower '80s. Any help or ideas on how this might be cleared up short of replacing the nozzles would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
H

HickoryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Thanks wild one. I had been using simple green and water for at least 10 years on all of my vehicles with no issues until the filter clogged up. I switched to, you got it, Rain-X and now I have real problems.

Attachments

• 1000002057.jpg
    1000002057.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 8

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks wild one. I had been using simple green and water for at least 10 years on all of my vehicles with no issues until the filter clogged up. I switched to, you got it, Rain-X and now I have real problems.
Rain X is famous for messing up Chrysler sensors/nozzles etc. The good old cheap blue washer fluid you get at the local gas station is a better fluid to use in a Chrysler product

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
If you search by your vehicle, 1AAuto.com has an instructional video to remove the nozzles.

If you tell me your specific year & model, I will reply with the link directly to the video.

Basically:
1. Remove the hood liner.
2. Remove the hoses connections.
3. With needle nose pliers & in an up/down motion (not side to side because there are tabs), push the nozzles out.
4. Reverse the removal steps to install the new nozzles.

OP
OP
H

HickoryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Thanks very much jackal98. 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Quad Cab, 6'4" box. 3.6L V6 24 Valve WT Engine. 8-Speed Transmission 845RE. VIN: 1C 6RR 6FG 4KS 58XXXX.

OP
OP
H

HickoryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Which nozzles should I buy? Vendor? Would also replace the plastic part of the tubing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

TRQ video

Looks like 2019 - 2024 takes one type, it does not clarify Ram DS or DT

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These nozzles are the only cheap aftermarket ones that are very close to OEM I have tried to many lol I use them on all my jeeps/rams without issue.

OP
OP
H

HickoryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Installed new nozzles and hood pad clips on the 22nd. Returning the hose kit since it was not needed. Only took about an hour. New passenger sided nozzle was loose no matter what I did. Showed it to my son about an hour later, and guess what---it was tight. One of the spring clips on the nozzle must have finally snapped back into place. The old nozzles were completely blocked. I cut one partially open and saw a metal spring inside. The factory nozzles did spray out from two outlets; while the aftermarket ones are obviously of a much simpler design and have just a single (but adequate) spray. These will most likely be less likely to gum up. Thanks for all the info on the best way to handle this.

frankherche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My truck is 13 years old an still has the original nozzles. I had my Toyota HiLux pick-up for 18 years and they lasted also.Yes. I do use RainX purple washer fluid.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My truck is 13 years old an still has the original nozzles. I had my Toyota HiLux pick-up for 18 years and they lasted also.Yes. I do use RainX purple washer fluid.
With the amount of Chrysler products (cars /mini vans and trucks) that have issues with RainX it's not worth taking the chance of using it and having it screw up the sensor or washer nozzles.
RainX is the common denominator in 99% of washer problems,and there's lots,if you also factor in all the other Chrysler products out there that have issues with it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat