2020 Ram Rebel FOB, Does the Limited FOB work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, Tried search, no luck. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel and Fob is 4 buttons (open, close, start engine, and horn). Has anyone tried the 5 buttons Fob that includes opening Tailgate to see if not works? I need an extra key and having that would be cool.

Thanks
Jay

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
You can probably program the fob to work, but I doubt the tailgate portion is going to work. If your tailgate release is electronic the dealer might be able to program the sales code to make it work.....for a price.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello, Tried search, no luck. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel and Fob is 4 buttons (open, close, start engine, and horn). Has anyone tried the 5 buttons Fob that includes opening Tailgate to see if not works? I need an extra key and having that would be cool.

Thanks
Jay
Yes. The 5-button fob will work for you once it’s programmed. There is no other programming needed to tell the tailgate release button to work, it will just automatically work once the fob is programmed to the truck.
Do not buy remotes from that site. Even though they say it might be new, most of them are not, and haven’t been erased properly, and won’t program. Many people have run into this issue with them, and while they will refund for the faulty remote, they won’t reimburse for the money spent on the failed programming attempt.
Either go with factory new fobs straight from a mopar parts site, or go with these known working programmable aftermarket ones:

OP
OP
jwaked

jwaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man, nice to have it on the remote. Thanks again