2021 Let Us Never Forget.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Do you know what you were doing 20 years ago?

I'm sure we all do. Take a moment and please remember those who have passed, and for all those who are there each day for us.

This is America, we are American's and we will Never Forget those before us.

God Bless You All :waytogo:

Dmz6NcmXcAE1MXZ.jpg

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree to all the innocent victims

Sadly, much of the rest of the world looks at the U.S. like a broke, arrogant bully ....and would love to punch us in the nose a time or two for throwing our weight around and telling others what to do (and messing with them). .....basically 9/11 was a punch in the nose. We have a PR problem....

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I had worked 4-12 the night before and was sitting on the couch watching TV while my wife was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Saw the news break showing the first one hit then as everyone was trying to figure out what happened the 2nd one hit. I grabbed my gun and badge and went and picked my kids up from school. Will never forget that moment

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
When in college, there was a group of about 10 of us who were friends and acquaintaces all pursuing the same career. After graduation we all went our different directions to build that all valuable flight time.

Some went Corporate, some Regionals, Flight Instructing, and the Military. Ultimately, of the 10, 6 of us had the desire to reach a Major Airline and to that, we did. One of the members, and friend, Dave was the Co-Pilot on American 77 which crashed into the Pentagon.

It literally could have been any one of us.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
We must never forget that day. The day that changed our country forever. A day when reality struck and our vulnerabilities were exposed. That day we learned the lengths those in this world with evil in their hearts will go to hurt us.

After 9/11 we went into Afghanistan and cleaned them out and made them pay for their actions. We lost a lot of good people and first responders on 9/11, including many from NYPD and 343 brave men and women from FDNY, along with many others in Afghanistan.

Sadly, due to the recent actions of those that will remain nameless here, all of our finest who were lost in Afghanistan have now died for nothing. The Taliban is back in control, just like they were 20 yrs ago. Very sad.

Like many others, I still clearly remember what I was doing when I heard the first plane crashed into the world trade center. I always will.

We must never forget. My prayers to all of the families who lost loved ones that day and the subsequent war in Afghanistan.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My wife and I was on our way back from a week long motorcycle trip to Maine from NC. Was Sunday 9-10 and as we came through New York I had planned on calling into work and missing one more day so we could go to the Statue Of Liberty the next day. Don't remember why we decided not to do it at the last minute but continued home and I went to work the next day. God only knows where we may have been that next morning. Still remember exactly where I was sitting at a stop light when my wife called me about a plane hitting the World Trade Center and then screaming another one just hit while she was watching. That's when we knew it was no longer an accident. That's when I told her this is the 9th month and 11th day and said 911, not knowing that was what it was going to be called. Not going to get into my true feelings of every life lost from that moment on but I do envy the soldier that had the pleasure of putting the bullet between the eyes of the so called "master mind" of that event. That was to easy of a way out for that creature but God how I hope it hurt! It does hurt knowing that the animals we drove out, 20 years of lives lost, for them to be back in power in a week after we left!

Last edited:

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was going into work late that morning to train a bunch of associates at one of our large chain accounts. Had Howard Stern on the radio. In the middle of one of his rants his sidekick Robin says, hey, it looks like a plane just struck one of the towers of the World Trade Center. Over the few minutes they talked about was it a small passenger plane, how could that happen on such a clear morning, etc. My curiosity was peaked so I turned on the TV. Sure enough there was a burning hole in the side of one of the towers. I stood there for a minute watching it and listening to the newscast. Then out of nowhere the second plane slammed into the other tower. It was surreal. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. That couldn’t have just happened. I couldn’t move. I heard Howard in the background on the radio that was still on in the other room screaming that we were under attack. Everyone knows how things unfolded after that. I remember trying to call my Dad who worked in Manhattan but not being able to reach him. Thank God he was ok. Ultimately him and a bunch of people from his firm, would walk out of the city over the 59th street bridge, and make their way to a bus making it home safely some time that night.

There are few things that you remember so vividly that they are etched in your mind forever. Unfortunately that day is one of them, but for all the wrong reasons. God bless the souls of all those senselessly lost that day and pray for all those family members and loved ones they left behind.

I will leave you with this. Another thing I remember in the aftermath of this tragedy was how after it happened how everyone pulled together for a common cause. There were no Republicans, no Democrats, no Black and no White. We were all just AMERICANS.

Never Forget

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Second day at my new job and we all listened to the reports in shock. My wife and young sons were still at our old house 16 hours away in a city also rumored to have been targeted (lots of rumors flying about that morning).

I took off at lunch to handle personal business related to our move, and saw AF1 with F-16s alongside flying high over the city through those clear blue skies. Every gas station had lengthy lines as people panicked. Went back to the apartment and spent the rest of the day watching the news and trying to get through to my wife.

es

Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Was going into work late that morning to train a bunch of associates at one of our large chain accounts. Had Howard Stern on the radio. In the middle of one of his rants his sidekick Robin says, hey, it looks like a plane just struck one of the towers of the World Trade Center. Over the few minutes they talked about was it a small passenger plane, how could that happen on such a clear morning, etc. My curiosity was peaked so I turned on the TV. Sure enough there was a burning hole in the side of one of the towers. I stood there for a minute watching it and listening to the newscast. Then out of nowhere the second plane slammed into the other tower. It was surreal. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. That couldn’t have just happened. I couldn’t move. I heard Howard in the background on the radio that was still on in the other room screaming that we were under attack. Everyone knows how things unfolded after that. I remember trying to call my Dad who worked in Manhattan but not being able to reach him. Thank God he was ok. Ultimately him and a bunch of people from his firm, would walk out of the city over the 59th street bridge, and make their way to a bus making it home safely some time that night.

There are few things that you remember so vividly that they are etched in your mind forever. Unfortunately that day is one of them, but for all the wrong reasons. God bless the souls of all those senselessly lost that day and pray for all those family members and loved ones they left behind.

I will leave you with this. Another thing I remember in the aftermath of this tragedy was how after it happened how everyone pulled together for a common cause. There were no Republicans, no Democrats, no Black and no White. We were all just AMERICANS.

Never Forget
You are so right about how we were all just AMERICANS. How far we have all been driven apart since then. It's almost like "they" won after all!

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
This photo was taken in late June 2001 from the flybridge of our 1978 Mainship 1 as we were heading south in NY harbor on our way to the Chesapeake Bay on vacation.
I'll never forget.

Attachments

• leaving+Manhattan2lg.jpg
    leaving+Manhattan2lg.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
I agree to all the innocent victims

Sadly, much of the rest of the world looks at the U.S. like a broke, arrogant bully ....and would love to punch us in the nose a time or two for throwing our weight around and telling others what to do (and messing with them). .....basically 9/11 was a punch in the nose. We have a PR problem....
I agree, as our governing bodies continue to make us a joke to the world.We need to shut up and keep our business to ourselves and not let the world know what our next step will be.And most of all.............stop giving the impression that coming to AMERICA means a free for all and a hand out.And when you do get here legally DONT try to change our society to fit to your standards

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
9/11 happened one week before I went to Marine Corps boot camp.

Was sent to Iraq (first time) in December 02’

Will never forget.
go get you a military ramily banner brother, roll call... 3rd gen vet, never saw war, my dad and grand dad saw enough for a few generations, as in 4 wars between them, 3 for grand dad (ww1,ww2, korea). What they did and what you did makes future generations have to do it less. Nobody wants the USA on their soil, it is a no win for you. You boys (and helped by girls for sure) had those hard terrorists look like a bunch of scared lil boys, 90 days and they were done, spent the next twenty years hiding. I'm pretty sure they don't want us back, but hey if we need to we will! We went back to Germany, we went back to iraq, if you really want us back we will oblige them. Germany and iraq have completely lost the ability to wage war, to this day, at best they can defend themselves, barely. That is the cost for messing with the USA. Thanks for your service, it matters.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I agree, as our governing bodies continue to make us a joke to the world.We need to shut up and keep our business to ourselves and not let the world know what our next step will be.And most of all.............stop giving the impression that coming to AMERICA means a free for all and a hand out.And when you do get here legally DONT try to change our society to fit to your standards
A HUGE AMEN TO THAT! Come here, pull your weight and I'll welcome you with open arms! We already have enough of our own looking for a handout!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pulling your weight should be the only government mandate or regulation.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I seen 3 photos today I had kinda blocked out over the years, 2 , one man and one woman that fell or had to jump out of the World Trade Center and one person hanging out a window. I can't imagine what they were going through to make them make that choice! I can't forget or forgive the animals that put them through that! I personally hope they are being punished eternally!