2022 2500 Diesel Dip Stick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royfm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
There is a recall on the OEM to a closed dip stick. My understanding is that someone sells an extended dip stick. Does anyone know who markets the extended dip stick ?

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well thats where I am at. Had the recall done two weeks ago. Found out there is a ZA3 service bulletin out that says FCA will provide you with a longer (44 inch) locking dipstick if you ask for it. Now that I have asked for one, they are telling me that the sticks arent yet available.

If you want to pay $60 plus for a dipstick , just google the locking RFE68 stick

Attachments

• ScanZA3recall.jpg
    ScanZA3recall.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 14

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When I do get around to having the recall done my truck will have the dip stick missing on arrival and have read of others who said the same, darn, oh my, it got stolen :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
R

royfm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
To clarify the tube/dipstick recall on the diesel, RAM's fix is to replace the OEM tube/dipstick with a shorter closed end tube, no dipstick. With this fix, the truck needs to be brought to the dealer to check the trans oil.
Somewhere on this forum I read that someone markets a longer tube/dipstick which allows one to check the trans oil.
Anybody know who markets this tube/dipstick combo ?

OP
OP
R

royfm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
OK, I see the jpg attachment, thanx

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
To clarify the tube/dipstick recall on the diesel, RAM's fix is to replace the OEM tube/dipstick with a shorter closed end tube, no dipstick. With this fix, the truck needs to be brought to the dealer to check the trans oil.
Somewhere on this forum I read that someone markets a longer tube/dipstick which allows one to check the trans oil.
Anybody know who markets this tube/dipstick combo ?
As stevenP mentioned just Google "locking 68RFE dipstick" and you will find several options.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On my recall, they did not replace the dipstick tube. All they did was add the vent on the under side of tranny, and install a 10 inch long locking dipstick. The service visit took a bout 40 minutes.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm glad I decided to wait on the dipstick recall. I would be unhappy with the short one as my "fix".