2022 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi - Snow Plow Options (IF ANY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YianKara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I looked all over this forum and found no real feedback on whether it's a good idea or not to put a light-duty plow on my 1500.

If putting a plow on is a possibility, can anybody suggest, size/brand of plow, as well as if any other upgrades are suggested prior to mounting the plow (Ie. possible front-end suspension upgrades?)

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there any such thing as a "Light Duty" Snow Plow in Canada? I live in Northern Ohio, and a neighbor put a small sized plow on his new Jeep Cherokee. Just using it for his own driveway and yard he blew the tranny on it... plowing really works a vehicle.

Note: It was actually a Grand Cherokee.

Last edited:

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn’t. At least not for use at home. If it’s a commercial use, should have a 2500 to avoid beating up the truck too badly. I would put one on my mower/tractor before putting one on my 1500. That’s going to be a much bigger and more expensive plow to cover the width of a 1500 vs a garden tractor size plow anyways. Plus parking a 1500 is exciting enough at the grocery store without 3’ of plow I can’t see sticking out the front. Or take it on and off every time I use it. Yuck.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I looked all over this forum and found no real feedback on whether it's a good idea or not to put a light-duty plow on my 1500.

If putting a plow on is a possibility, can anybody suggest, size/brand of plow, as well as if any other upgrades are suggested prior to mounting the plow (Ie. possible front-end suspension upgrades?)

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
On a 1500, NEVA. Minimum 2500, and maybe Quad Cad or RCSB if UI could find one, using as a work truck, not a DD (IMHO).

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Several members have reported about installing a light duty snow plow on 1500 for their own driveway.
Meyers offers plows for the Ram

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I suspect you would void the drivetrain warranty. Certainly many have done it successfully. I would not.