2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi v8 Audio/ Speaker Issue- Electrical?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rachasbrandon1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello I just recently leased a 2022 ram 1500 bighorn. I have about 2100 miles currently. It has stock speakers
I have noticed that when I turn my audio up past (28) - Note the speaker goes up to (38) max - when I turn the sound up one of my speakers would stop playing sound while the other 3 continued. This problem has been happening to every single speaker in my truck. It doesn't happen as soon as I start playing music it takes about 15-20 minutes for one of the speakers to stop playing. Now when I turn off the truck and all of the electronic shut off and I turn it back on it all 4 speakers start to work again.
Any suggestions? Electrical or faulty speaker? I have a appointment to a dealership to get it checked out but would like some input. If Anyone knows
Please respond thanks

Ram1522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I just had this problem last night and only had the truck for 2 weeks. Also my back up camera did not turn on the second day. The camera works now but the driver side speaker does not. Please update if you get your issue resolved I will do the same, thanks!

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Hello I just recently leased a 2022 ram 1500 bighorn. I have about 2100 miles currently. It has stock speakers
I have noticed that when I turn my audio up past (28) - Note the speaker goes up to (38) max - when I turn the sound up one of my speakers would stop playing sound while the other 3 continued. This problem has been happening to every single speaker in my truck. It doesn't happen as soon as I start playing music it takes about 15-20 minutes for one of the speakers to stop playing. Now when I turn off the truck and all of the electronic shut off and I turn it back on it all 4 speakers start to work again.
Any suggestions? Electrical or faulty speaker? I have a appointment to a dealership to get it checked out but would like some input. If Anyone knows
Please respond thanks
sounds like the amplifier is over heating and cutting output warranty is a for sure.

JNunes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Please respond thanks
That happened to me the very first day I pulled off the dealership.
The truck is at the dealership now for 3 weeks, but they can’t find what the issue is.
They replaced the radio, but issue still continued. Has to be electrical problems.
I will keep you updated once they find the problem.

RAM1500BH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please respond thanks
Having the same issue. Any updates as to what the problem was? Please respond. Want to know if this is something I can handle myself. I have a brand new 2022 ram Big horn. Drove off the lot and experienced the exact same thing. Exactly how you explained

Rob3DR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi, of course
Will be watching this one. 2022 Ram here as well. Havent experienced this yet.

Limited2022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
Try a "soft reset" of the audio system. It worked for me.

Press and hold the power button until the display screen goes blank. Then release the button. This will reset/reboot the system without loosing any presets.

My problem showed up as a left front speaker missing, mine would come and go when I turned on/off my iphone using the side power button on my phone. The speaker would go off when I pressed the side power button, then come back on when I pushed it again to basically put the phone to sleep. Certainly something with the wireless Carplay - Uconnect system. Likely a firmware update will be required, but who's to say when that may happen.

Good luck.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had a customer come in with a similar issue. Dealer replaced the radio and the speaker but was having same issue. On base radios, there is an ANC under the driver's seat. It was defective and cutting out sound to one speaker. Have them test it.

OP
OP
R

rachasbrandon1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an update a few years later to this post. I still have the same problem. Sound still goes out when connected to my phone. Dosent happen at all when on normal radio I have noticed.

Sometimes one speaker will go out, sometimes 2 go out. Sometimes even 3:.

Usually happens when I play loud rap music or music with heavy bass.

I would like to note I went to the dealership several times and they did nothing to fix the problem.

I would like to note that i work at Chrysler (warren truck)and I have asked many people who deal with electrical repair and they all said it most likely the speaker setting it self into safe mode automatically.
There is no repair for this issue. Things just are made awful and cheap now a days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sundown