2023 classic 1500 headlight bulbs suggestion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I blame you guys and this thread for this happening :rolleyes: Needless to say, both stock low beam bulbs are back in.
IMG_20240104_161613.jpg
IMG_20240104_163217.jpg
And a reminder that the metal ring with tab is left hand thread and will back out as you tighten the bolt down.
IMG_20240104_163725.jpg
Also found that, although the passenger side low beam clicks in at 90*, the drivers side does not. I don't remember if I clocked the LED correctly when I tried them. But it's supposed to get cold and miserable next week and I'm not taking it back apart to test.
IMG_20240104_164637.jpg

OP
OP
KevsRam23

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I blame you guys and this thread for this happening :rolleyes: Needless to say, both stock low beam bulbs are back in.
View attachment 534724
View attachment 534725
And a reminder that the metal ring with tab is left hand thread and will back out as you tighten the bolt down.
View attachment 534726
Also found that, although the passenger side low beam clicks in at 90*, the drivers side does not. I don't remember if I clocked the LED correctly when I tried them. But it's supposed to get cold and miserable next week and I'm not taking it back apart to test.
View attachment 534727
Not really sure why the thread is being blamed? Not clear as to what the other said to have cause any issues ?

OP
OP
KevsRam23

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Murphys law. Nothing more.

On the plus side, no plastic clips were broken!
Fair enough.

What lights caused the issue what is low or high beam? Anything we can take away?

Hopefully a solution to assist can come from it . As I know I started the thread mainly due to my halogen bulb in one housing

And yeah lucky enough no clips busted !!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fair enough.

What lights caused the issue what is low or high beam? Anything we can take away?

Hopefully a solution to assist can come from it . As I know I started the thread mainly due to my halogen bulb in one housing

And yeah lucky enough no clips busted !!

low beam out.jpg

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock 9005 SI+. It was quickly approaching dark:30 and I wasn’t about to play ‘find the 10mm that you dropped under the truck’. At least it died on my last day off… it’s supposed to be -20 and colder next week.

And here I thought the thread had motivated you to try out some LED bulbs.

Why would you waste time with OEM bulbs?

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I wasn’t about to waste time and money on a game of LED roulette when I have something that will work. I leave for work at 5am and don’t get back home until 7pm.

I can play this game once it’s warm again and I’m back on days off.

Here's this mornings commute with the stock bulbs and fogs.IMG_20240105_053005.jpg

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wasn’t about to waste time and money on a game of LED roulette when I have something that will work. I leave for work at 5am and don’t get back home until 7pm.

I can play this game once it’s warm again and I’m back on days off.

Here's this mornings commute with the stock bulbs and fogs.View attachment 534814

Wow!

That looks much better than they do in my truck. I wouldn't be bothered for LED either.

Mine totally sucked before I installed the LED bulbs.

It just goes to show, every Ram truck is different. LOL

Thanks for the update.

OP
OP
KevsRam23

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome update I can’t wait for a break in the cold here and the low beam bulbs to arrives so I can swap. Both at same time !

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome update I can’t wait for a break in the cold here and the low beam bulbs to arrives so I can swap. Both at same time !

Yes, I won't be very motivated at the current temps (-7C/19.4F) with a side of bitter.

The Fahren customer service was easy to deal with if you're OK with 14 emails to get them on the right page before they offered to send me a set of bulbs.

They arrived very promptly but unfortunately, were not what I asked for. I was so impressed with the 10,000-lumen bulbs in the high beam, I wanted another set to see if the low beam with 9,000-lumen could be improved.

I'll email them on Sunday night/Monday am in China, and ask again for the 10,000-lumen bulbs.