LED headlight bulb swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Reaction score
Hello. I'd like to replace the stock halogen? Lights on my 23 1500 big horn. I've come across a couple of sites that state I can't change out the bulbs because the headlight lamp assembly is sealed. Is this true that I can't replace the halogen bulbs with LED ones? I can't afford the whole LED lamp assembly right now and just want to change the bulbs because the halogen are very weak.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Okay, I got this sorted now, I can replace just the bulbs. I believe it was the Lucas Lights site that said my headlights were sealed and may have been referring to factory LED headlights, not Halogen.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Also looking at replacing the whole headlamp assembly with AlphaRex LUXX Series MK II 250 LED projector headlights, black housing and clear lense. That or Form Lighting Sequential LED projector headlights, black housing, clear lense

Any input on these brands for replacement of the whole headlamp or another brand?

Thanks.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like both mentioned. I have done a ton of research and the sqare blk quads appeal.Like the Luxx and the other but the prices are so high in US Dollars..add another 35% for us Canuks!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Toronto… aww that’s to bad… lol.. just got a reply from alpharex apparently there are 2 models that do fit… each run about $1400 us…. Can’t believe the price.. come on 649

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just out of curiosity did you look at the process to replace the bulbs? Not sure on the 2023 (yet), but on my 2018 I had to go through an access door in front of the tire. Very weird process coming from previous GMCs when I used to just reach behind the headlight assembly.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did you look at the process to replace the bulbs? Not sure on the 2023 (yet), but on my 2018 I had to go through an access door in front of the tire. Very weird process coming from previous GMCs when I used to just reach behind the headlight assembly.
I did not look at the process for high/low bulbs but do know the process for the fog lights, which seems pretty easy. I decided to just have a shop install everything, they are next door to the workplace, so I just drop it off. They are putting in Lucas Lights, I opted for the cheapest as a temporary solution until I can replace the whole lamp assembly with something more to my taste. They are also installing the fog lights, the labor for everything seems reasonable. I'm installing an oil catch can this weekend, so I retain a small portion of my man-card.

The headlights tho, man, those halogens are pretty bad. The last two vehicles I had were LED lights and I when I got the ram I really didn't pay attention to the lights, but driving at night I find I am squinting. I just need something brighter.

Petersm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try headlight revolution. I installed sv-4 led bulbs in my 2020 3500, made a big difference over the stock halogens. Kind of a pain feeding all the wire and the bulb through the little door in the wheel well but it can be done.

20092500HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello. I'd like to replace the stock halogen? Lights on my 23 1500 big horn. I've come across a couple of sites that state I can't change out the bulbs because the headlight lamp assembly is sealed. Is this true that I can't replace the halogen bulbs with LED ones? I can't afford the whole LED lamp assembly right now and just want to change the bulbs because the halogen are very weak.

20092500HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry didn’t mean to quote. If your changing to Led headlights you might need to buy a Led canbus. If you have one led light that works or both headlights turn off your going to need one. The computer senses a voltage issue between the original bulbs and new led bulb.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Got the LED Lucas lights in and they are worlds better than the halogen. I got the cheapest ones and they might up really well. I also have the diode dynamics one amber LED fog lamps installed and they work well together.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed the low beam and fog light bulbs (halogen bulbs) on my 2019 bighorn and they still working fine.

brny67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you have to do anything other than just change the bulbs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357