22 Warlock suspension onto 22 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22classicinoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all,

I’ve got access (free) to an almost new full set of front and rear suspension (incl UCA’s) off a 22 Warlock and was wondering if there would be any issues fitting them on my 22 Express?
Any comments good and bad are appreciated

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your 22 express a classic? I take it the warlock suspension is the OEM suspension, in which case why would you want to swap?

OP
OP

22classicinoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry yes, mine is a classic with the standard suspension and the Warlock is a 1” lift

OP
OP

22classicinoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
it’s a 1 inch lift here on the Australian spec’d warlocks, just thinking it would be an easy (cheap) upgrade of what I’ve already got. I’m driving mostly highway for work and towing a boat with the occasional off-road (beach) driving a few times a year. I’ll be upgrading to Bilstein 5100’s in the future but was thinking this could be a cheap and easy temporary upgrade

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes that will work fine then. All you need to swap out is the front struts and the rear coils. Save your OEM strut and when you get the bilsteins, you can install them in your original struts ahead of time to make the install quicker.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't believe the shocks are any different between them but I could be wrong. OEM shocks are pretty bad anyways, I'd look at something aftermarket. Bilstein 5100 or Fox

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your express might already have a 1" lift. You can check the equipment list of your truck via the vin or if both trucks are sitting there and have the same size tires just measure it.

A lot of the Big Horns from past years had the lift.