24 ram 1500 Multi function gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnC24229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 24 ram rebel 1500 with the multi function gate. I have to slam it to shut properly. I looked at forums to find the problem but the forums are basically older models. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Thank you

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 24 ram rebel 1500 with the multi function gate. I have to slam it to shut properly. I looked at forums to find the problem but the forums are basically older models. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Thank you
I have a 23 1500 Limited with the MF gate and I do need to close it pretty firmly but doesn't seem abnormal...not sure how hard you need to slam yours but like the previous post said, it might be worth swinging by your dealer to have them check it out while its still under warranty

OP
OP
J

JohnC24229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 23 1500 Limited with the MF gate and I do need to close it pretty firmly but doesn't seem abnormal...not sure how hard you need to slam yours but like the previous post said, it might be worth swinging by your dealer to have them check it out while its still under warranty
Do you slam it shut or close it and push hard?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We had the same issue with the MFT on the 2020 Limited we currently own as well as the 2021 we used to have. Had to use more force than I thought was necessary when the trucks were new. Over time that got much better. If it doesn't get better after using it for a while you might want to visit your dealership to see if they can make an adjustment.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you slam it shut or close it and push hard?
I usually slam it shut to make sure its closed and doesn't trigger the open door light on dash. The "sensor" that detects it's properly closed could potentially be in a better location to avoid having to slam it but then again, I carry some expensive cargo at times so it's probably a good thing that it makes me ensure its closed properly.