2500 lube points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 6.4
Engine
So what is this Lincoln fitting. I looked it up and it doesn’t look anything like I would expect per the video

I am expecting it to be an extension to the grease gun . No? And that point on the Lincoln grease fitting. How is that suppose to fit on the truck zerk fitting? He said it’s not a std zirk fitting but it still looked like a round ball designed to be completely covered with the grease gun? Guess I need to find it and look myself

Last edited:

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The "fitting" you are looking for is a small check ball in a recess. in another world it is called a "high pressure" fitting. Simply push the point of the needle firmly onto the ball and apply grease. Sometimes you need to adjust the needle angle while applying grease to make it seal in the recess and push grease around the ball and into the intended area. When finished, the ball seals onto the backside of the recess sealing the fitting. You can also service standard grease fittings using the needle if you can get straight on it.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've watched videos and seen the fitting before. I finally got around to looking at my truck today, the only abnormality I can find is this. It doesn't look like what I've seen in videos. Is this the grease fitting...?

Attachments

• 20210903_110745.jpg
    20210903_110745.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 22

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've watched videos and seen the fitting before. I finally got around to looking at my truck today, the only abnormality I can find is this. It doesn't look like what I've seen in videos. Is this the grease fitting...?

Yep, thats it.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The cardon (?) joint on front drive shaft, closest to TC. Need a needle tip to grease it. All other items that used to have zerks are so-called greased for life unless you have after market stuff with zerk fittings. Pistol grip gun or powered grease gun is best for this.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Thanks, I'll hit it later today!
You can move toward the rear of the truck and see the grease come out the rear of the cardan shaft to know it is greased sufficiently. An extra set of hands is very helpful as you need to put pressure on the needle, have correct alignment, and then pump the grease gun. A screwdriver with a paper towel is also handy to remove any excess grease from the area.