2wd 3" RC kit...opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Jasper
Hi guys,

I have used this site for research for a while but never posted a question. However, if anyone could tell me if the Rough Country 3" kit for 2wd's has any issues, I would appreciate it. Also, I called a local shop about installing it for me, just to save me the time and aggravation of doing it without air tools and was quoted about 450. Sound fair?

I have a 2wd 2002 1500 with a 4.7, 20" wheels...and am wanting to put the lift in so I can accomodate a larger tire, not really planning on trying to make a 4wd out of a 2wd. I hate the raked look of the truck and am hoping that the larger tires will also help me save a bit on gas as I drive about 70 miles a day to work and back.

Thanks for any help, I thought I did some fair research and that is why I bought the kit, but then I found a few threads about problems with shock tower mounts hitting control arms or something...which sounds weird to me. Thanks again for any info.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I have the RC 3" kit for my 04. I absolutely love it....No issues at all with it. Took us about 3 hours to install (only because of smoke and beer breaks.) Only one thing.....I wish it was more than just 3"....But that is why I am getting lift spindles...

tman0420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3" rc

wondering how that 3" rc went for you? i am waiting for one in the mail myself for my 02 1500 2wd.
if you could can you post a pic of how your truck looks now?
also did it just lift the back 1.5" and 3" in the front.
and did it lvl her out?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
:welcome: I kinda like the raked look my truck has. Maybe a leveling kit would be better for you than a lift kit.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to see pics as I am consider that size lift as well. Bigboytoys if you have a picture as well please post!

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
A friend of mine had a problem where his control arms would hit the shock tower, so he is investing in the 6 inch lift like I did, and his control arms should clear the shock tower no problem

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Honestly, I have not had any problems of the control arms hitting the towers....only with the truck completely off the ground (on a lift) do I have the arms hitting..