2wd longer shocks up front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. I have that issue. I added coil spacers and shock extender. Now my a-arm rests on the bucket almost and bangs around with every bump. Stock shock length should be used? Wont that stress the shock? Makes me think it will split in half ☹

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. I have that issue. I added coil spacers and shock extender. Now my a-arm rests on the bucket almost and bangs around with every bump. Stock shock length should be used? Wont that stress the shock? Makes me think it will split in half ☹

The shocks are the only thing limiting your control arms from banging on your coil buckets. If your upper control arms are hitting on them almost constantly then I can almost guarantee that your ball joint and or upper control arm is toast. Either take your shock extensions off and just have the spacer, which will probably make you have a **** ride, or take your extensions and spacers off and put on some lift spindles with stock shocks. I am convinced that is the only way to correctly lift a 2wd truck and still have a stock ride.

More Information for MEVOTECH CMS251058
That is the link to some new upper control arms that are tougher and have a bit more alignment adjustment. If your ball joints or upper control arms are ruined I would get those. Good luck. Keep us updated on your truck.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Control arms are fine still i just put kit in and maybe 100 freeway miles. Im going to try removing the shock extender when i get back to my truck and see if that helps. If not i've been thinking spindles will have to do

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Control arms are fine still i just put kit in and maybe 100 freeway miles. Im going to try removing the shock extender when i get back to my truck and see if that helps. If not i've been thinking spindles will have to do

Always run stock length shocks on 4th gen 2wds, no matter the height of your lift. Trust me, been there done that, with all the options that are available.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always run stock length shocks on 4th gen 2wds, no matter the height of your lift. Trust me, been there done that, with all the options that are available.

Thanka for the advice . Indont even see whybthey offer chock extenders

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanka for the advice . Indont even see whybthey offer chock extenders

They offer them because they haven't done enough R&D to know what will happen with longer shocks, they just assume they are needed.