3.0 ecodiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oilbelcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Limited Diesel
Engine
Diesel 3.0
Don't forget the resale advantage. That by itself will pay for the engine cost.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered the Diesel, I liked the mileage claims, but ultimately the styling of the sport suits my style, hence I've got a hemi, similarly equipped 3.0D would have me in a longhorn. I'm still getting about 17 mpg city and 24 hwy. Between the preference for the looks of the sport and the premium in cost for the diesel, I'm pretty sure it would've taken a while to gain that add'l cost back.

2014 CCRB 8spd BTW....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thread has been cleaned up. Keep it on track...This is your warning

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Will Shel Rotella T synthetic be ok for the oil change? Rotella is all the buzz with motorcycle guys and I used it for a really long time in my GSXR 750.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will Shel Rotella T synthetic be ok for the oil change? Rotella is all the buzz with motorcycle guys and I used it for a really long time in my GSXR 750.

Depends on what Ram calls for with regards to oil specification for the 3.0 and if Ro-T meets it. Motorcycle guys are able to use it because it meets JASO-MA spec.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PTCTreeGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none, why can't
Engine
these be blank
Rotella does not currently meet the low ash and Ram specs for the EcoDiesel. They need a 3 year test cycle to be approved by FCA as a replacement oil. I think the factory Pennzoil is the only one 'approved' so far, others are believed to met the specs but are not approved by FCA yet.

Reactions: PX8

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Just count up def cost against plugs and wires on a hemi... And justify it. I wanna diesel again but I'll go back to a 2500 of f250. I miss it to much.