3"drop springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliot_Soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put on 3" rear drop springs and how do they ride? Do you have to relocate anything or change shocks

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I took a set out of my truck. They rode fine, no issues. Still had stock shocks. They were manufactured by ground force. Still have them in the garage somewhere

baldyloxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Hey
Thinking of lowering my 2013 1500 but wonder how much of the load capacity is lost and wether the ride characteristics change (softer/stiffer). I seldom haul more than 1000 & guess the shorter spring would handle that. If you have any thoughts I'd appreciate it

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Depending on the truck you have you may notice them, you may not. Is your truck a rwd or a 4 wheel drive? Regular, Quad or crew cab?

You will definitely loose some load capacity but you can add air bags inside the coil, helper bags out side the coil spring, etc.

It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

For light hauling you will probably be ok, for max towing capacity, it's definitely a non starter.

baldyloxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
It's a 2wd 2013 1500 that I recently got. I won't be hauling much, 1yd mulch, topsoil etc. All very close to 1000 lb. It's a daily driver bit I have mobility issues and would like to drop it 3". That's about the same as cutting out a coil. I'll be buying drop coils tho.
Also wondering about steering & suspension or drive train issues this may cause
Thanks for help

baldyloxz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Sorry, 1500 Tradesman quad cab, short bed & slt trim package

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My recommendation would be ground force, maxtracc or crown 3 inch rear drop springs.

They can be purchased separately, easy to install and no other items required unless you want to get deep into the suspension.

You will loose towing and carrying capacity.

You can install without doing track bar relocation and use your normal bumpstops

You do realize a 1,000 lbs is a half ton, which is what the truck is rated at with everything stock. If you install these springs your capacity will be less than the factory rating.

Last edited: