35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
For the folks that actually do serious off-road trips, how many spare tires do you take with you? Also, I tried mostly deflating a 35” BFG K02 but it still won’t fit my spare space on my ‘14 1500. Not sure it’s going to fit the new ‘19 PW. Where do y’all keep your spares???

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
For the folks that actually do serious off-road trips, how many spare tires do you take with you? Also, I tried mostly deflating a 35” BFG K02 but it still won’t fit my spare space on my ‘14 1500. Not sure it’s going to fit the new ‘19 PW. Where do y’all keep your spares???
One full size spare and when I get new tires soon I’m going 2 spares. I have one under my truck...no exhaust and no heat shield. Currently 35’s. Once I get I’ll keep on under the truck. And throw the other in when I go out.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
One full size spare and when I get new tires soon I’m going 2 spares. I have one under my truck...no exhaust and no heat shield. Currently 35’s. Once I get I’ll keep on under the truck. And throw the other in when I go out.
Are you saying that you removed the heat shield and rerouted your exhaust somehow?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Are you saying that you removed the heat shield and rerouted your exhaust somehow?
Yeah my heat shield is sitting on the side of my house. My exhaust dumps out right after the muffler. And it’s tight fit between the hitch and track bar but it fits

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I know that the feeling of being invincible you'll ignore this post, but maybe I can persuade other readers. With an exhaust dumping out right after the muffler the investment into a 12V carbon monoxide detector for the cab may convince them otherwise. This colorless, tasteless, and orderless gas kills fast. Been there, done that with the exhaust systems on muscle cars, except I got really, really sick versus being dead.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know that the feeling of being invincible you'll will ignore this post, but maybe I can persuade other readers. With an exhaust dumping out right after the muffler the investment into a 12V carbon monoxide detector for the cab may convince them otherwise. This colorless, tasteless, and orderless gas kills fast. Been there, done that with the exhaust systems on muscle cars, except I got really, really sick versus being dead like one of my brothers.

Great point. Also, I have viewed pics where the wiring harness in the rear bumper was melted away due to cutting the resonator off and leaving the pipe where it is.

Its good to make sure the exhaust (carbon monoxide AND the heat) is getting exited from underneath the vehicle.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Mine is dumped after the muffler and it’s non factory muffler. So it dumps past the cab and I have a turn down. Yes. DO NOT IDLE lol. Mines always moving truck is high and there’s plenty of air flow so I really doesn’t worry. I’ve dumped every truck I had except my 1500 that had rear duals. I would really worry if it was 2wd or lowered that the gas would build up. But with the height it’s no issue. That said I still don’t idle much at all. Always been a habit

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol I hit the trail about 2x a month, I do air down so overall I'm happy with them

I'd like to go 37 but i dont want new rims or the lift

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 2.5 level kit. $110

- The Blue Mule

Nope. That does nothing for added clearance.

Dont really wanna cut...what do I need for 37s

On stock wheels, nothing. It will just rub on the radius arms and sway bar, but cause no harm. Could get ever so slight touching at the lower point of the plastic wheel liner, but possibly not.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Nope. That does nothing for added clearance.

On stock wheels, nothing. It will just rub on the radius arms and sway bar, but cause no harm. Could get ever so slight touching at the lower point of the plastic wheel liner, but possibly not.

Wont that rubbing cause issues with either the tire or the parts its rubbing on....:driver:

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running 37's on my factory wheels with no rubbing,but I do have a 4" lift on mine. I'll be going back to 35" tires after I wear these out,the truck really needs 5.13 gears to run 37's. The 4.56 gears are just too high of a gear for the transmission gearing,the truck constantly changes gears at highway speeds.
If I didn't have to swap out the rear diff in order to put in 5.13 gears,I'd swap out the gears,but it's not worth the trouble and expense to swap rear ends and then have to buy a new locker/gears.

The truck performed excellent when I was running 35" tires,so I'll just go back to 35's and be happy.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm running 37's on my factory wheels with no rubbing,but I do have a 4" lift on mine. I'll be going back to 35" tires after I wear these out,the truck really needs 5.13 gears to run 37's. The 4.56 gears are just too high of a gear for the transmission gearing,the truck constantly changes gears at highway speeds.
If I didn't have to swap out the rear diff in order to put in 5.13 gears,I'd swap out the gears,but it's not worth the trouble and expense to swap rear ends and then have to buy a new locker/gears.

The truck performed excellent when I was running 35" tires,so I'll just go back to 35's and be happy.

He went 5.13 and I dont think he changed much
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/37-mts-with-which-gear-4-88-or-5-13.126016/