35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would only run a load E tire. I tow with the truck and i have had D rated tires on it and it wasnt anywhere near as stable as with the E rated tires. Just my experience. Others might be different.

What is the load rating on the KM3?

I ordered the tires at the dealership without knowing about load rating so I don't know. Hopefully the dealership would have been thinking of that but my guess is no. I don't tow so maybe it's not a big deal? Ill ask when I get there I guess. I'll also ask about the rubbing too before install.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the tires at the dealership without knowing about load rating so I don't know. Hopefully the dealership would have been thinking of that but my guess is no. I don't tow so maybe it's not a big deal? Ill ask when I get there I guess. I'll also ask about the rubbing too before install.
Get the specs on the tire before installing. I wouldn’t count on the dealer.

Also check the door sticker for what load rating is required. Even without the trailer the D rated tire had a lot of sway due to the weight of the truck I think. I’m sure others will chime in with their experience also.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I would only run a load E tire. I tow with the truck and i have had D rated tires on it and it wasnt anywhere near as stable as with the E rated tires. Just my experience. Others might be different.

What is the load rating on the KM3?
With both a topper and a quantity of fifty 40 pounds bags (1 ton) of material within my 2016 Power Wagon bed it would sway at highway speeds on the fully inflated to the specification OEM Load Range D tires (equivalent to 8 ply). Driving slower didn't cure it, but it was safer. It now has Load Range E tires (equivalent to 10 ply) of which under the same load the vehicle has no sway. A higher load capacity tire (Load Range F, equivalent to 12 ply) is also available...

https://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/roadian_mtx

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I just dropped off the truck. The km3's are load rating E. I asked about rub and the tech said they'd test it and let me know in case I want to come down a size. I also inquired about the speedometer and the tech stated that he'd check it out and call someone if needed to get it taken care of, but they did not seem too confident that they knew how to handle that. So now we wait...

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
With both a topper and a quantity of fifty 40 pounds bags (1 ton) of material within my 2016 Power Wagon bed it would sway at highway speeds on the fully inflated to the specification OEM Load Range D tires (equivalent to 8 ply). Driving slower didn't cure it, but it was safer. It now has Load Range E tires (equivalent to 10 ply) of which under the same load the vehicle has no sway. A higher load capacity tire (Load Range F, equivalent to 12 ply) is also available...

https://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/roadian_mtx
The Power Wagon isn’t rated to have 2,200 lbs payload, so that was your first problem.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so I just dropped off the truck. The km3's are load rating E. I asked about rub and the tech said they'd test it and let me know in case I want to come down a size. I also inquired about the speedometer and the tech stated that he'd check it out and call someone if needed to get it taken care of, but they did not seem too confident that they knew how to handle that. So now we wait...
Glad its an E tire. You will be happy with that for sure

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tires installed no issues. There is zero rub anywhere and there is room for days. The KM3's ride smoother than stock duratracs, but you can feel difference in weight for sure. They are very aggressive looking and I did not notice anymore noise when than the duratracs. Very happy with results.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tires installed no issues. There is zero rub anywhere and there is room for days. The KM3's ride smoother than stock duratracs, but you can feel difference in weight for sure. They are very aggressive looking and I did not notice anymore noise when than the duratracs. Very happy with results.
Keep track of the wear on them. Will you be doing a 4 or 5 tire rotation?

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4 for now
If they had a snow rating i would have bought these over the K02s. Still interested as to how they wear with the weight of the PW. What psi are you driving around with?

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4 for now
If they had a snow rating i would have bought these over the K02s. Still interested as to how they wear with the weight of the PW. What psi are you driving around with?

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'll keep everyone posted howbthey last. They are set to 65ish.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol but you will notice an mpg decrease, I lost 3mpg with mine, so far so good at 5k and 1 rotation

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a chalk test to determine the right pressure to keep them at. You’ll wear out the center of the tread running them that high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you explain the chalk test