3rd brake light bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone know the bulb number to the two outside lights on the 3rd brake light? looking to replace with LED but I do not know the bulb number. I've looked on websites but do not know if it is for the right part. Also does anyone have first hand experience on whether the LEDs will cause any error messages or won't work? Only have done license plates so far.

partspimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
921 is the correct OE replacement part#. Some manufacturers also refer to it as a T-10 style bulb. I installed Oracle T 10 5-LED 3-chip cool white bulbs in my 2012. Works fantastic, no issues Same bulb for the interior map lights.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just replaced my whole 3rd brake light with a RECON LED unit. Love it!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pay attention to the orientation of the LEDs when ordering for the brake & cargo lights; if the bulb's output shines straight up you'll get little light output. They're so cheap I ordered 4 different styles with that base, with 2 types of LEDs in order to find the brightest output. I still haven't topped the factory halogen 3rd brake light bulb for output, with an LED.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just replaced my whole 3rd brake light with a RECON LED unit. Love it!

Which vendor and which unit did you choose? How has it worked out for you? Any issues with EVIC messages?

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Which vendor and which unit did you choose? How has it worked out for you? Any issues with EVIC messages?

I ordered it directly from RECON. You can search 3rd brake lights and find the one for your year and model. Never had any issues with anything.

Jack7587

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my led bulbs from retro-solutions.com they are pretty good very bright. On message I've got is for the license plate lights.