4 wheel drive noise while turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First you shouldnt drive on asphalt in 4x4. That is destroying the gears and everything in-between. 4x4 should be used on loose surfaces.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine does the same thing, sounds scary and very unhealthy....
As WilliamS already said, DON'T use the 4x4 Lock or 4x4 Low on non slippery surface.
I was guessing for worn CV joints but it seems that this is just normal for a Ram...
As it occures only when steering hard left or right it i the wheel speed difference between the 2 wheels creating this noise.
This is usually avoided by the differential gear in the axle, as this allow to the 2 wheels to turn at a different speed.
In this case i am not shure if it's the differential or the cv joints making this noise.
Chris

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't hurt to pop off the diff cover and inspect. I'd also check your bearings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Legendairy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check out your rack and pinion. Also I wouldnt use 4x4 unless you are in a situation where you need to be in it.