4 wheel drive shifting in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Colorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I intermittently get a “4 wheel drive shift in progress “ notification on the dash. Usually in the 35-45 mph range. Doesn’t matter if I’m accelerating or decelerating. The truck is bone stock with 82k miles on it. Any ideas on where to start looking? Battery cables are good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I intermittently get a “4 wheel drive shift in progress “ notification on the dash. Usually in the 35-45 mph range. Doesn’t matter if I’m accelerating or decelerating. The truck is bone stock with 82k miles on it. Any ideas on where to start looking? Battery cables are good.
Does the 4wd selector have any flashing lights on it when this occurs? Does it actually shift into 4wd? I'd start with re-seating the selector.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Transfer case positioning sensor.