Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
*first post*
I just installed two kicker cvt 12” on a kicker cxa 800.1 in my 2016 ram 1600 big horn 4x4 I got last weekend, using the pac ampPro device. And it sounds like pure D ****! The bass is muffled and no matter what I do I still kinda get highs coming thru my subs. And when I turn it up past half the bass is super weak. This same setup sounded amazing in my f150 with the pac ampPro. So I would appreciate if someone could hopefully help me understand wtf I’m doing wrong here.

Attachments

• IMG_5621.jpeg
    IMG_5621.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5615.jpeg
    IMG_5615.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5581.png
    IMG_5581.png
    815.3 KB · Views: 4

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
Need to double/triple check the following:

Input level button.....out
x-over knob......probably start with it straight up and down and then adjust from there
check your sub wiring.....is it correct for the type of subs you have?

BTW, are those subs 2ohm or 4ohm?

OP
OP
Nawfmemphis

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

x-over knob......probably start with it straight up and down and then adjust from there

Thanks man yea I checked all those things. I’m just gonna scrap the 8.4 uconnect Tuesday when the new radio and maestro box gets here. I literally took it all out of my f150 Monday morning and put it straight into the ram Tuesday left all my amp settings the same.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I use the AMPPro and it provides a clean signal. My system sounds amazing. Assuming you are using the correct AMPPro for Ram, I would check to see if the dip switches are configured correctly and, if the radio is programed per the instructions. additionally, double check to see if the RCAs are plugging into the correct outputs. If not, you will not get the proper output from the unit.

OP
OP
Nawfmemphis

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I use the AMPPro and it provides a clean signal. My system sounds amazing. Assuming you are using the correct AMPPro for Ram, I would check to see if the dip switches are configured correctly and, if the radio is programed per the instructions. additionally, double check to see if the RCAs are plugging into the correct outputs. If not, you will not get the proper output from the unit.
Yea I just uninstalled and returned it. After checking software and dipswitches I figured it was the unit. I’ve been installing sound systems for 20 years so I quadruple checked everything. I just said screw it and ordered the “10 floating pioneer NEX head unit and the idata link maestro module and dash kit. Should be here tomorrow evening

kirk35

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD Tradesman
Do the 2016 1500's have ANC? I have the AmpPro AP4-CH41 R.2 and my system sounds great.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yea I just uninstalled and returned it. After checking software and dipswitches I figured it was the unit. I’ve been installing sound systems for 20 years so I quadruple checked everything. I just said screw it and ordered the “10 floating pioneer NEX head unit and the idata link maestro module and dash kit. Should be here tomorrow evening
Well, that's significantly more $$$ but, I suspect you would get more features and tuning control with an aftermarket head unit. I have a TosLink going from the AMPPro to a JL Audio Vxi 800/8 and the system was tuned by a pro with the MAX. It sounds incredible.

OP
OP
Nawfmemphis

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Alright everybody I put in the floating 10” pioneer nex display and now everything sounds great subs shaking the entire house did my time alignment and everything sound sloping and all. Didnt rewire subs nor adjust amp from my previous truck I took it out of so I’m thinking it was ampPro. I also used all maestro idatalink equipment this go round

OP
OP
Nawfmemphis

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Only thing is I gotta figure what’s going on with my back up camera it shifts to the screen but doesn’t show up now

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nawfmemphis

Nawfmemphis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Found shortage in the camera wire from new radio harness everything works now

Attachments

• IMG_5941.jpeg