4th gen fully powered seats swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoysRacing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased fully heated and power seats from a 09 ram Laramie , my truck 06 just has the gray plugs for seat belt what do i need to do to power the seats? i have the harness from the 09 . i can get power to the switches , just not moving the seats. i know they work i tested before buying them . thanks. 09 harness has yellow plug ,
thanks

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So on my '17 seats, I had a 12 gauge red and a 12 gauge black wire in the gray/black plug on the seats. If you have that send 12v constant to the red and ground the black and that'll give you power movement and lumbar, and as for heated seats thats not something anyone has gotten to work with our trucks yet as far as I know. Most people just throw in one of those amazon heated seat kits and call it a day, but I'm sure its possible to get the factory stuff to work in some way with a lot of trial and error

The yellow plug on the 4th gen seats typically has something to do with the airbag system in the seats, so itd be best to stay away from that unless you're pretty confident in what you're doing