4x4Hemi Bully's Performance Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I priced it out its $1500 for the bumper $100 for paint and $200 for shipping plus i need to get some lights and with the kore I know how to weld i just dont want to rigg the bumper i want to make sure it fits right thats why im probably going with the ADD

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check for promos or something. sometimes you can get a better price possibly. well its worth asking ADD anyways

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Havent updated this in a while! sorry duders. Got some things from bully dog, including bilsteins, floor mats and a catch can! installed the bilsteins with a BDS lift kit

uRtZLzN.jpg
OyCUaUS.png

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been a while here.

got another product from bullys recently!

Hwb7ykH.png

winch!

things awesome, if your in the market for a winch check with bullys perfomance, they were able to offer me a great price on this winch that i couldnt refuse haha and it works and looks great!

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Please put some big wide tires on that thing! That and bead locks and that truck would look nicer than any ram runner around.
I think you should get a custom rear tire holder in the bed. Like up against the back of the cab and a place for a high rise jack and a shovel

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very very nice !!

I SHOT IT WITH MY P.S.E. EVO MAX !!!!

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sir have you been reading my mind?? (oh and how the heck did i not see that comment months ago???)

mLlOlkq.png

haha i recently(ish) got 37x13.5x17s on it and i have a spare tire and all sitting in the bed waiting to be mounted on something, along with a Hi-lift extreme jack sitting in my cab

Im not sure how im going to mount the tire, i had a tire-gate for a week or so but sold it because it wasnt very functional haha

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Your truck looks amazing!

It's tough to get a good spare tire mount for the bed if you use the bed regularly. The tiregate is the only thing I've seen that doesn't take up a ton of bed space.

What happened to your blacked out headlights? I see you went back to stock in the last picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man!

Yeah I've been finding that too haha but I didn't like the tire gate because it didn't swing as well as I'd hoped plus the weight of the 37 was about the max weight for it so I'm sure that didn't help! I'm trying to think of a way to integrate it under the tool box by trimming a hole in the bottom so it can fit under and then just weld up something to fill the hole. Probably doesn't make sense the way I explained Haha but it makes sense in my head!

I was just tired of issues with hids I didn't like wondering if they'd turn on every morning haha

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks man!

Yeah I've been finding that too haha but I didn't like the tire gate because it didn't swing as well as I'd hoped plus the weight of the 37 was about the max weight for it so I'm sure that didn't help! I'm trying to think of a way to integrate it under the tool box by trimming a hole in the bottom so it can fit under and then just weld up something to fill the hole. Probably doesn't make sense the way I explained Haha but it makes sense in my head!

I was just tired of issues with hids I didn't like wondering if they'd turn on every morning haha

I understand what you're saying, it sounds like it would work, but still sucks that it needs to take up space.. I know it's not a great option but you could do a roof basket with the tire in there..

You should also hook me up with a great deal on those headlights if you still have them :)

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yeah that's the problem. It will always take up space no matter what. Haha I thought about a roof basket actually, I'm not sure if it would look good with a tire on top haha it would be ridiculously tall ! But it'd hit or miss it seems with the basket

haha sorry man I wish I did! I sold em for a lot less then I should have :( I have a set of black headlights with blue shrouds that I was thinking about putting in. I just wish there was another h1 bulb that wasn't hids!

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Haha yeah that's the problem. It will always take up space no matter what. Haha I thought about a roof basket actually, I'm not sure if it would look good with a tire on top haha it would be ridiculously tall ! But it'd hit or miss it seems with the basket

haha sorry man I wish I did! I sold em for a lot less then I should have :( I have a set of black headlights with blue shrouds that I was thinking about putting in. I just wish there was another h1 bulb that wasn't hids!

Not sure if you saw the truck that Divi had, he did the roof basket with spare tire. Try searching for him and checking out some threads he made for pictures of it

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
What made you choose the BDS kit over say, a RCX kit? I'm wanting a BDS for that warranty and possibly their coil over kit but my local performance guy is strongly suggesting RCX...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What made you choose the BDS kit over say, a RCX kit? I'm wanting a BDS for that warranty and possibly their coil over kit but my local performance guy is strongly suggesting RCX...

Man those 37 s on 17" wheels look bad a$$ !! Love that big rubber look on a smaller wheel . Are your wheels 10" wide ? Did you have any trouble balancing them ? How do they ride at highway speed ? Last question Did you have to install spacers to keep from rubbing ? Sorry for all the Q's , I'm doing some of the same with my new ride .
Bad Ass truck brother !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's weird , not sure how I quoted someone else's reply ? My bad ...

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you saw the truck that Divi had, he did the roof basket with spare tire. Try searching for him and checking out some threads he made for pictures of it

Okay cool ill definitely look him up! thanks!

Local guys all strongly recommended AGAINST RCX because they basically made em as cheap as possible. I went with BDS because i had a friend who could get me a good deal but i honestly wouldnt recommend it, i think its a shorter lift then others. Id have gone with procomp if i did it again, and they offer coilovers as well!

Man those 37 s on 17" wheels look bad a$$ !! Love that big rubber look on a smaller wheel . Are your wheels 10" wide ? Did you have any trouble balancing them ? How do they ride at highway speed ? Last question Did you have to install spacers to keep from rubbing ? Sorry for all the Q's , I'm doing some of the same with my new ride .
Bad Ass truck brother !

Thanks man i like em way better to! 20s just look small haha. My wheels are 17x9 and there were no problems whatso ever and they ride nice, i like having 17s cause i dont get any snow in my wheels when going offroad where as with 20s theyd pack up and highway would wobble terribly! no spacers no nothing, they only rub i had was on part of my fender flare but that only took 2 minutes to trim and it was all done! any more questions just ask man, thats why i post up!:licklips:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info brother ! I'm subscribing to your thread , you gotta lot of good ideas and mods going on here ! Did you install bullys catch can ?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Local guys all strongly recommended AGAINST RCX because they basically made em as cheap as possible. I went with BDS because i had a friend who could get me a good deal but i honestly wouldnt recommend it, i think its a shorter lift then others. Id have gone with procomp if i did it again, and they offer coilovers as well!

My local guys' coil over recommendation was the Pro Comp 6 Inch Lift Kit with Front MX-6 Coilovers and Rear Pro Runner Shocks... seems to be quite a bit cheaper than BDS at roughly $2800 vs $4100... what are your thoughts on this set up? Pro Runner likely aren't as good as Fox shocks, correct? Is this the kit you would go with?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen some guys on the RF comparing FX / BL basically its been a wash 50/50 split with most on either side saying they would run the other ........

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info brother ! I'm subscribing to your thread , you gotta lot of good ideas and mods going on here ! Did you install bullys catch can ?

haha any time man! I never ended up installing the catch can, I've had a few issues with my motor/warranty work and i didn't really want to add anything on my motor right now since the dealership likes to void my warranties on me :thumbsdown:

My local guys' coil over recommendation was the Pro Comp 6 Inch Lift Kit with Front MX-6 Coilovers and Rear Pro Runner Shocks... seems to be quite a bit cheaper than BDS at roughly $2800 vs $4100... what are your thoughts on this set up? Pro Runner likely aren't as good as Fox shocks, correct? Is this the kit you would go with?

That would have been what i would have gone with for sure. the MX6s look very nice, even if they aren't as good as the fox ones, their still extremely well built coil overs, i dont know what ya do with your truck but the pro comp ones can hold up to a lot of abuse in my opinion. BDS stuff is overpriced!