5” touch screen not responding to touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeanH87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey guys brand new here. Tried searching but didn’t see my exact issue. Feel free to point me in the right direction as I’m sure this is covered somewhere.

Just purchased a 2018 ram tradesman with the 5” screen. Everything works but the touch screen responds odd. Sometimes it works other time I push a button on the screen and it either doesn’t work or it selects something else where. Is this the delaminating issue? It is certified so I have a 3,000 mile bumper to bumper. Just want to get this figured out before it costs me.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys brand new here. Tried searching but didn’t see my exact issue. Feel free to point me in the right direction as I’m sure this is covered somewhere.

Just purchased a 2018 ram tradesman with the 5” screen. Everything works but the touch screen responds odd. Sometimes it works other time I push a button on the screen and it either doesn’t work or it selects something else where. Is this the delaminating issue? It is certified so I have a 3,000 mile bumper to bumper. Just want to get this figured out before it costs me.
The 5" RA2 radios were not reported (to my knowledge) to have the delamination issue. What you describe sounds like a faulty digitizer though. This behavior can also be caused by foreign objects on the screen but it's doubtful IMO. If it is readily recreated, I would get it back to the seller and show them the digitizer is going bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat