Steering wheel buttons not working and touch screen on radio not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrsScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09' Ladamie. My problem started with the horn. It randomly sound while I was driving down the road. Then it would work sometimes and not others. Eventually it stopped working at all. During that time the control buttons on my steering wheel would work intermittently. Eventually they stopped working all together. Then the touch screen on my Uconnect stereo won't respond to touch. Greatly appreciate any insight in advance!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The problems at the steering wheel sound like the clock spring is bad. Regarding the radio, perhaps some connection is being made from the steering wheel and is causing a signal in that is overriding the screen touch. I would suggest replacing the clock spring first, then cycle through a couple start/drive for a while/shut down cycles and see if all comes back online. You could check with Benny from All Mopar Parts in vendor section for replacement piece. Good luck.