5.2 Timing Chain and gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fulltimerart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought a 1998 1500 regular cab long bed with a 5.2 and automatic. It is in very good condition for its 209,000 miles and has recently had the heads removed and checked (had a heater core leak) and all is in good shape so it has new gaskets along with plugs, ign.wires cap and rotor. It came with a new heater core in the box that I will have to install-----when I am in the right mood to pull the dash. It also has a new radiator, water pump, alternator and serpentine belt. I think the only thing left is the timing chain and gears at this miles, and a thermostat while it is apart-----anything else anyone can think of, and is an "OEM" timing set good or is there something better-----it is just going to be street driven for another 200,000 miles or so. The front end has the usual wander and I will be replacing wear parts over time. Thanks for your suggestions, and 5 Gold stars for a great and very informative forum! Art