5.7 What years ar compatible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RyanRhino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I will take the chance, because of the warranty. I can swap this out in just a few hours so thats not a huge issue. Yes, I would prefer not to, but I will start things right with the oil and new plugs e.t.c

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you guys think I should go ahead and buy some shorty headers? Are they worth the hype?
What hype,lol. Stick with sanding your original manifolds flat and using Remflex 6022 gaskets if you're not springing for long tubes. Shorties don't add any power,and can be a pain to seal up to the stock exhaust unless you spring for a set of AFE shorties. JBA shorties have a better rep then BBK's,but neither are worth spending money on.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since the engine is out, I really think you should reconsider the MDS delete. It is a hell of a lot easier now than it is later. Warranty or not, why not spend a few more bucks to make it much more reliable?

If I were in the same boat, I'd have a cam and MDS delete kit on order. Plus, you don't have to worry about unlocking the PCM being a 2015 so you're saving $1000 anyway.

Either way, I am looking forward to pics of this project, please share a ton if you have time!

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I agree, if going back stock & no tune .....I would surface manifolds & use the Remflex gaskets.

Lot more fun to drive with the long tubes, cam & tune though......even for an old man......LoL

OP
OP
R

RyanRhino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will need to build my bank back up gentleman, I am currently $6500 into this with buying the truck at the same time. It will happen, but please give me a little time. I will however replace the exhaust gaskets with what is recommended though. I appreciate all the knowledge and experience as well.