5.7L Hemi spark plug change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did mine a few weeks back, got the NGK iridium plugs from RockAuto for just under $100.

Also THANK YOU to those who have mentioned this tool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014ZVSVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best $14 I ever spent. Made the job almost easy.
It really wasn't too bad, just time consuming. Our '01 Chevy dually 8.1L Vortec was way more of a PITA! Had to get on the ground to get the rear driver's side plugs on that beast.

Thanks to Hemi395 and others for a great writeup.

warcar1947

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hEMI
I have a 2017 with 5.7 38,000 that I just bought, does antone have any info on the E2 plugs?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't run them,stick with stock OEM irridiums.

Absolutely agree. Only time you shouldn’t use OE is when you start getting into boost/nitrous.

I’ve worked on quite a few trucks that come in with weird running issues,misfires etc. that ended up being caused by aftermarket plugs. There’s no gains to be had by messing with the plugs on a stock engine.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't run them,stick with stock OEM irridiums.

Absolutely agree. Only time you shouldn’t use OE is when you start getting into boost/nitrous.

I’ve worked on quite a few trucks that come in with weird running issues,misfires etc. that ended up being caused by aftermarket plugs. There’s no gains to be had by messing with the plugs on a stock engine.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did mine a few weeks back, got the NGK iridium plugs from RockAuto for just under $100.

Also THANK YOU to those who have mentioned this tool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014ZVSVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best $14 I ever spent. Made the job almost easy.
It really wasn't too bad, just time consuming. Our '01 Chevy dually 8.1L Vortec was way more of a PITA! Had to get on the ground to get the rear driver's side plugs on that beast.

Thanks to Hemi395 and others for a great writeup.

And Thank You, i just bought that. [emoji108]

15 Chevy SS- M6
Rotofab CAI
Resonator delete
Tuned by Shane Hinds

Sold:
19 Ram Laramie Sport
16 Ram Sport